Job Description :
This job supports the executive leadership of the Highmark Health Social Determinants of Health team and performs a wide range of administrative duties to ensure timely and accurate completion of assignments to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of their executive in meeting organizational priorities. The Executive Administrative Assistant will work directly with all levels of the organization inclusive of C-level executives. The position requires the incumbent to be a highly organized, self-motivated, professional capable of managing and prioritizing tasks in a fast-paced corporate environment. Responsibilities include proactive schedule management, scheduling and coordinating logistics for large enterprise wide meetings, document preparation, proofreading, handling phone calls, maintaining and organizing files, copying, reviewing and distributing mail, greeting visitors, ordering supplies and making travel arrangements. The incumbent works independently performing a wide range of complex and confidential administrative and clerical support duties. Requires excellent communication and interpersonal skills and ability to provide information and service to a wide range of internal and external contacts.
Essential Job Functions:
- Communicate effectively. Display effective communication skills while performing the following functions. Interacting and responding, both written and verbally, with internal and external entities on behalf of assigned management.
- Provide secretarial services to the Executive and assigned staff. Perform typing, word processing transcribing and proofreading activities concerning correspondence, memoranda, schedules, reports, presentation materials and statistical information; maintains a communication flow by receiving and distributing correspondence via mail services or on-line communication networks; schedules reservations, meeting arrangements, conference rooms and audio/visual equipment as needed; receive visitors and telephone calls in a courteous and efficient manner, direct inquires to the appropriate staff based on an overall knowledge of departmental policies and procedures. Compile various information and perform minor calculations as required for departmental reports. Maintain hardcopy and on-line correspondence and administrative files.
- Provide telephone coverage and screen telephone calls, letters, and/or visitors, answering routine questions.
- Review and prioritize information and inquires received for the consideration of the Executive, makes high-level contacts from both inside and outside the Corporation, and address and answer inquiries and solicitations, paying constant attention to formal clearance, procedural controls, and organizational sensitivity. Attend selected meetings in a non-participatory manner to take appropriate notes and conserve principal’s time while assuring familiarity with meeting developments.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- High School Diploma/GED
- 5 years of Secretarial or Administrative experience
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) Possess the utmost of integrity in the discreet handling of confidential information
- Resourceful with strong problem solving skills
- Detail oriented
- Knowledge of corporate programs, policies, procedures and protocols
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org