Job Description :
The job designs and engineers solutions associated with analytic data for the organization and, working closely with the business, analytic and IT teams, assists with the build and upkeep for these solutions. This includes coding data ingestion, transformation, and delivery programs/locic for analysts to access operational, derived, and external data sets. Expected deliverables will include; coding of delivery frameworks to load and transform raw source data into enhanced analytic assets, being a key resource for analytical and big data efforts, working with architects, analysts and data scientists as needed. The incumbent is responsible for the operation and execution of projects related to Big Data or other analytic platforms. Works in a team to leverage experience in analyzing and delivering large data sets by using a variety of delivery tools to perform tasks. Ability to work in cross-functional teams from different organizations (both technical and non-technical) on projects. Provides guidance and education to Junior level staff. Technologies such as, but not limited to: Hadoop, Hive, NoSQL, Spark, Python, SAS, Teradata, Oracle, Informatica.
- Work closely with IT, architect and engineer solutions that provide views for the Enterprise Data Hub or other analytic ecosystems. This includes working with the appropriate teams, building out the design, and providing upkeep for the solution. Create high performance Big Data (and traditional) systems to be used with analytic applications.
- Code, test, process, and maintain data resources for the analytics organizations. This will include working to maintain data sourcing, transformation and delivery, for key analytic platforms throughout the organization. (ETL/ELT)
- Work with alternative analytic data systems to incorporate them into the operational data flow for the Analytics Teams. Work with data science teams and strategic partners on capabilities of core platform. This may include products purchased by the organization that must be ingested or modeled/derived data maintained by analytic teams.
- Responsible for delivery of assigned projects, this may include providing guidance and Junior contributors within team. Will attend meetings with customers as needed.
- Assist with the establishment of standards and patters for high performance data ingestion, transformation, and delivery of data analytic needs. Keep current with Big Data technologies in order to recommend best tools in order to perform current and future work.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Systems Analysis, Computer Engineering, Data Processing, Healthcare Informatics or Management Information Systems
- 3 – 5 years in Analytics
- 1 – 3 years in IT Application – Hadoop
- Master’s Degree Management Information Systems, Healthcare Informatics or Computer Engineering
- 3 – 5 years in Data Warehousing
- 3 – 5 years in the Healthcare Industry
- 1 – 3 years in Database Administration
- Data Warehousing
- Communication Skills
- Analytical Skills
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org