Job Description :
SUMMARY OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES (this will be used for the position posting)
This position is responsible for the following:
The goal of an internship program is to provide the opportunity to acquire practical experience through direct exposure to the related business line(s) and to develop the next generation of diverse business professionals. To that end, the program will:
* Provide hands-on training and experience in the business line.
* Expose the various career opportunities in the business line and related areas.
* Prepare participants for positions in the business.
Typical responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Providing services to the day-to-day operating objectives of the assigned area.
* Participating in projects and programs appropriate to the needs of the assigned area.
* Participating in the planning and implementation of projects and initiatives.
* Conducting research and reporting including recommendations or proposals for action.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS (these are required minimum qualifications for all incumbents)
Education/ Work Experience *:
* Bachelor’s degree.
* Pursuance of a graduate degree full or part-time in an accredited college or university.
OTHER QUALIFICATIONS (these are additional, specific qualifications that are preferred for incumbents)
* For some jobs, relevant work experience may be substituted for education on a year-for-year basis (e.g. 4 years relevant work experience equals a Bachelor’s degree). This relevant experience must be clearly defined.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1) Communicate effectively. This position displays effective communication skills while performing the following functions:
* Interacting directly with colleagues, clientele, and/or other internal or external constituencies in the planning of assignments and the resolution of day-to-day operational problems.
2) Under supervision, provide professional services as appropriate to the day-to-day operating objectives of the area. Receives guidance, training, and mentoring from senior personnel in planning and carrying out activities and assignments.
3) Undertake and/or participates in projects and programs designed to develop professional skills and expertise appropriate to the needs of the organization.
4) Participates in the planning and implementation of unit projects and initiatives within area of expertise and ability.
5) As specifically requested by management, conducts research and reporting inclusive of recommendations or alternative proposals for action.
6) Undertakes related studies or enrichment programs as appropriate to the specific objectives of the operating unit.
7) Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please call HR Services at 844-242-HR4U or visit HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org