Job Description :
This job analyzes, designs, develops and evaluates complex learning solutions to support business and performance objectives. The incumbent conducts complex detailed job and task analysis, identifying skill gaps based on learning objectives which are aligned to the business and performance objectives. Analyzes and selects the most appropriate strategy, methodologies and technologies to maximize the learning experience and impact. Applies instructional design techniques to build the conceptual detailed design plans for complex learning initiatives with responsibility for the overall design integrity of the learning solution. Gathers data to answer specific questions regarding the value or impact of learning and performance solutions; focuses on the impact of learning solutions and creates overall measures of system effectiveness leverages findings to increase effectiveness and provide recommendations for change.
Essential Job Functions:
- Design and develop learning solutions. Design and develop on-line training using a variety of development tools. Create job aids, manuals, simulations, case studies, role plays to achieve desired learning objectives. Publish learning solution content to various sites ensuring targeted audience access. Review output from training vendor to ensure courses are addressing defined learning objectives
- Conduct evaluation of learning solutions. Evaluate new instructional strategies, methods, technologies and tools related to instructional design, development and delivery. Measure results of learning solution to ensure solution met learning objectives and performance goals.
- Communicate effectively. Lead, influence or negotiate others to achieve desired work results; utilize excellent client interaction and advisory skills. Work effectively with others to achieve common goals and exercises effective interpersonal influence. Facilitate process and project meetings and influence at various levels in the organization.
- Lead complex training related projects ensuring projects remain on time and within budget. Identify and manage all resources. Develop and manage project plans and time lines utilizing project management standards. Identify risks and puts into place contingency plans. Tracks and reports progress. Function as the liaison between vendors, internal team and customers.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- 3 years Employee training, including training or performance analysis
- 3 years Instructional design, training methodologies, delivery, and/or training technology
- 3 years Creating requirement documents, training proposals, learning objectives, and other training-related recommendations.
- Bachelor’s Degree with major coursework Instructional Design or Training & Development
- Master’s Degree with major coursework in Instructional Design or Training & Development
- 5 years Employee training, including training or performance analysis
- 5 years Instructional design, training methodologies, delivery, and/or training technology
- 5 years Creating requirement documents, training proposals, learning objectives, and other training-related recommendations
Licenses or Certifications
- ASTD or other certifications in needs analysis, instructional design, performance consulting, measurement and evaluation
Referral Bonus: Level 1
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org