Job Description :
Our story is a story of people, above all. People with a determination to help others. People with a dedication to improving how health care is delivered. People with the vision to see things differently, to create solutions, to offer our customers the reassurance of knowing they are in good hands now and in the future.
Highmark Health is the ‘Heartbeat of Healthcare‘ and the company is committed to continue its focus by hiring, engaging and motivating top talent to the company. Successful workforce planning is a critical component to our continued success. Do you have experience in successfully planning the growth of a corporate workforce with an understanding of compliance issues? – This is a key opportunity to join our team to help insure we continue our exciting growth while delivering the best health outcomes to our customers.
This job understands and supports the business information needs of the company and its stakeholders in making human capital decisions and in managing employees. The incumbent works with senior staff, business leaders, and support partners on workforce analytics and planning projects; determines what data is useful to the stakeholders – gathering and analyzing that data; and participates in development and maintenance of such materials as staffing models, metrics, reports, presentations, and dashboards. Takes part in staffing governance routines which pull together all facets of staff demand and supply, focusing both on cost optimization as well as employee acquisition/engagement/retention; and which include participation from all business and support stakeholders. The incumbent collaborates with technology partners regarding the use of systems, programs, software and other tools associated with workforce planning and analytics.
- Prepare and analyze data related to the workforce in order to support staffing decisions. Understand the Company’s strategic and operating plans, cost targets, and workforce utilization requirements. Serve as a subject matter expert on workforce planning methodologies and associated tools/reports; makes recommendations for workforce-related decisions.
- Recommend, develop, and implement metrics and other measurements for workforce productivity, ROI, HR program effectiveness, etc. to improve business results. Participate in regular forums and interactions to educate and hold business leaders and support partners accountable for timely workforce-related decisions and actions.
- Participate in data gathering, needs assessments, staff modeling, cost-of-workforce assessments, and survey processes to provide business intelligence that produces actionable insights. Directly supports senior workforce planning and workforce management staff, and supports business leaders in a matrixed format. Establish close partnerships and works within service level agreements with not just business leaders but also internal partners critical to staffing: including Finance, HR, Learning and Development, and Onboarding.
- Support design and implementation of new management tools which optimize workforce planning and management (for example: workforce analytics and planning systems; Tableau dashboards, Skills Inventory systems, and similar reports and tools). Make recommendations regarding technology and other tools to improvement workforce planning and workforce management.
- Support design and implementation of KPI’s that serve as catalysts for change by helping leaders and managers make data-driven decisions about their workforce (e.g., turnover, span of control, headcount demographics, staffing efficiencies, engagement measures, risk-of-leaving for high performers, effectiveness of hiring processes).
- Develop and deliver presentations to partners and business leaders regarding workforce dynamics and metrics that impact business outcomes (e.g., improve the effectiveness of customer-facing staff, identify specific competencies that drive better business results, reduce turnover in key positions, attract and retain a diverse workforce).
- Participate in ad-hoc projects per the direction of Leadership and the Workforce Consultant adding in properly addressing the needs of the organization.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration/Management, Human Resources Management, Statistics, Industrial Engineering or related degree
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering is preferred
- MBA is preferred
- 5 – 7 years of Business Intelligence experience
- 5 -7 years of Data Analytics experience
- 5 – 7 years of Capacity Planning or Staffing Models experience
- Experience in the health care/health services industry
- Statistical Analysis and Measurement
- Statistical Sampling Methodology
- Data Gathering and Analysis
- HR Policies, Standards and Procedures
- Human Resources Consulting
- Influence and Persuasion
- Collaborative Problem Solving
- General Computer Skills
- Written & Oral Presentation Skills
- Strong skills using Excel and PowerPoint
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement: This position adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
Employee Referral Level: 2
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org