Hm Health Solutions Inc.
Job Description :
This job takes a lead role within area of expertise takes a lead role to (Allegheny Health Network – Desktop) design, develop, implement, support, and optimize more complex architecture strategy to meet business capabilities and needs. Takes a lead role to ensure completeness of more complex architecture by adequately addressing all the pertinent concerns of its stakeholders. Ensures integrity of more complex architecture by connecting various views of stakeholders, reconciling conflicting concerns, and showing the trade-offs made in so doing. Considers practicality and fitness for purpose in determining architecture to develop. Leverages business and technology knowledge to enable and/or alter business processes, practices, organizations and systems. Maintains knowledge of emerging technologies and best in class industry business trends and practices. May take on role of Project Lead for special assignments. May mentor less experienced team members.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Take a lead role to provide strategic consultation to business customers in defining or designing more complex business processes, functions and organizational structures, as well as in researching, identifying and internally marketing enabling technologies based on customer capability requirements. Facilitate development of more complex enterprise business solutions that combine knowledge of particular business processes and issues, general technological options, and process facilitation techniques. Participate in more complex enterprise strategy development, including environmental analysis, opportunity identification, value cases and business innovation portfolio development.
- Take a lead role to specify and design large or more complex systems, solutions, networks, infrastructure elements, or processes. Select appropriate design standards, methods and tools and ensure that they are applied effectively. Review others’ system design to ensure selection of appropriate technology, efficient use of resources and integration of multiple systems and technology. Establish policy for selection of more complex architecture components. Evaluate and undertake impact analysis on more complex major design options. Ensure that the system architecture balances functional, service quality and systems management requirements.
- Use appropriate tools, including models of components and interfaces, to contribute to the development of more complex architectures. Take a lead role to produce detailed component requirements, specifications and translates these into detailed solutions/designs for implementation using selected products. Provide advice on technical aspects of system development, integration (including requests for changes, deviations from specifications, etc.) and processes. Ensure that relevant technical and business strategies, policies, standards and practices are applied correctly.
- Select and use more complex tools and methods to establish, clarify, and communicate the functional and non-functional requirements of system users, their characteristics, and tasks. Take a lead role to identify the technical, organizational, and physical environment in which more complex products or systems will operate. Identify, propose, initiate, and lead significant improvement programs, taking responsibility for the quality and appropriateness of the work performed and the realization of measurable business benefits. Modify existing process improvement approaches and/or develop new approaches to achieve improvement.
- Take a lead role to ensure the resolution of a variety of more complex architecture and business problems and serve as a technical or business lead for highly complex project initiatives.
- Communicate effectively will all levels of organization.
- Manage expectations of customers, partners and management.
- Participate in customer walkthroughs and plans; design and technical walkthroughs; and problem resolution and decision making.
- Interact with departments across the organization as necessary, including the development and interpretation of highly complex requirements for peers and other staff.
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of specific technical aspects in area of expertise and provides expert advice regarding their application. The area of specific expertise may be any aspect of information or communication technology, technique, method, process, product, or application area of a more complex nature.
- Take a lead role in providing leadership and mentoring in the areas of expertise and architecture to their peers, developers, management and business users including technical expertise, coaching, and ad-hoc training by: preparing presentations on more complex issues on the area of expertise and presenting to their peers to ensure consistency to the Organization’s strategic direction.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or related field (Grandfathered degree requirements effective July 2014)
- 10 – 15 years in multiple IT disciplines
- 5 – 7 years in Business disciplines
- Master’s Degree
- Health Insurance Industry business knowledge
- Microsoft Certifications
- Project Management
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: (An Architect is not required to have experience in all of these, but is required to have those needed to support applications they are responsible for supporting. Current skill set are reviewed every other year, new skills may be required to meet changing business needs.)
- Expert knowledge of current and recent Microsoft desktop operating systems (usage, features, configuring, deploying, managing, troubleshooting, activation, lifecycle). Awareness and understanding of features, directions, and limitations of future releases of Windows.
- Expert knowledge of current and recent Microsoft Office suites and associated products (usage, features, configuring, deploying, managing, troubleshooting, activation, lifecycle).
- Expert knowledge of tools to manage Microsoft desktops and productivity tools (Group Policy, AGPM, SCCM, IE/Edge Enterprise Mode, administrative scripting in PowerShell and VBScript). Knowledge of emerging tools (Intune, Windows Analytics).
- In depth understanding of software installation and deployment technologies and methodologies.
- Working understanding of important industry technologies and trends (Apple Mac, MacOS, VMware, Chrome OS, Google Docs, iOS, Android, cloud technologies, security technologies) and how they may, or may not, fit in our environment.
- Working understanding of Microsoft server operating systems and Azure.
- Working understanding of current and emerging hardware platforms for desktop, laptop, tablet, and mobile.
- Working understanding of how our Line Of Business (LOB) tools interact with Windows desktops (installation and support).
- Excellent research, evaluation, and documentation skills. Willingness to constantly seek out and consume educational resources and varying opinions to keep current with industry trends. Ability to recognize, internalize, and champion emerging technologies that may enhance our portfolio of tools to better support our end users and enterprise goals. Willingness to use pre-production hardware and software on a daily basis to ensure thorough testing before release to our production environment.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Oracle and Teradata Databases
- Data Warehousing
- Visual Basic
Referral Bonus: Level 1
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org