Job Description :
The Lead Decision Support Analyst – Medicaid Data Analytics works closely with customers and design teams in prioritizing data and information requirements. This position provides analysis in the development and support of projects and data analysis. Determines how decision support systems will provide information required to make effective business decisions; translates requirements into applications that employ appropriate decision support and reporting tools. Recommends innovative approaches to analytical investigations. Performs modeling of data sources and flows, works with data management staff to define an operational framework that will define, develop and implement policies and security frameworks to ensure precise and secure delivery of knowledge and information.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develop and foster internal relationships across the corporation. Provide analytic and consultative support to a broad spectrum of internal customer areas and external business partners.
- Mentor colleagues with less experience on both the technical and business aspects of project and consultative work.
- Determines how decision support systems will provide information required to make effective business decisions, translates requirements into applications that employ appropriate decision support and reporting tools. Uses broad experience and technical knowledge to propose solutions to complex business problems. Takes the lead in driving the implementation of the recommended solutions.
- Takes the lead in defining issues and ideas to be studied as well as the approach (methodological and technical) to be used in addressing studies and projects. Creates and/or develops new methods of analysis, database design and performance measurement or, in some cases, adaptation of existing solutions to new areas.
- Performs modeling of data sources and flows, works with data management staff to define an operational framework that will define, develop and implement policies and security frameworks to ensure precise and secure deliver of knowledge and information.
- Provides assistance and, depending on skill and experience, leads with interpretation of raw data, statistical results or otherwise compiled information, identify follow-up action items and prepare or assist in the preparation of written reports and/or oral presentation of findings to internal and external audiences, customer managers, clinical staff, compliance agencies, group accounts, providers, agent plans, and brokers.
- Develops and maintains moderate- to extremely-complex computer programs using 4GL programming languages (such as SAS, R, SQL) and other database technology (DB2, Teradata, and Oracle).
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- A four-year bachelor’s in or related to Computer/Information Science, Mathematics/Statistics, Economics, ,Industrial Engineering or Operations Research or related field.
- 7+ years of relevant, progressive experience in the area of specialization.
- Extensive experience programming with SQL, SAS or R
- Experience using Data Visualization
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must be comfortable and proficient using large and complex databases and datasets.
- Strong skills using various third-party office and report generation products such as Microsoft Office, Business Objects, Tableau and Enterprise Guide.
- Strong communication skills. Must be comfortable presenting findings and offering recommendations to senior management.
Referral Bonus Level: 2
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org