Gateway Health Plan
Job Description :
Support the Performance Analytics Department of Gateway Health with a range of data driven analytical activities essential to Gateway Medicare STARS / HEDIS quality scores and margin goals. Decision Support Analysts (STARS) provide analytical activities and departmental support that enables leaders to:
1) isolate business issues;
2) support the design and execution of analytics for studying STARS / HEDIS related business issues
(scenario planning, forecasting, visualization, etc.);
3) assist in the development of STARS/HEDIS related technical content (population and measure
4) support development of formal recommendations to senior levels of Gateway leadership;
5) help create and support STARS / HEDIS related operational strategies that inform critical strategic
issues and decisions.
- Work with team members to identify key STARS / HEDIS related business issues, articulate problems, apply right analytical framework, assist with the development of solutions and recommendations, represent findings to stakeholders and own the outcome
- Under the guidance of the senior team members and the Manager of Performance Analytics, create STARS / HEDIS related analytic solutions to support small to medium sized Analytic strategies / projects/ work streams
- Serve as subject matter expert (resource) to staff and stakeholders on STARS / HEDIS analytics
- Apply a broad knowledge of concepts and principles to develop analytical frameworks, approach and methodology best practices to analyze complex issues, often applying ingenuity and originality to develop unique solutions
- Support new methods of analysis, performance measurement or, in some cases, adaptation of existing solutions to new areas.
- Work directly with internal technical teams to provide guidance / recommendations and proper build out of measure based operational data sources.
- Provide assistance with interpretation of raw data, statistical results or otherwise compiled information, identify follow-up action items and assist in the preparation of written reports and/or oral presentation of findings.
- Develop and maintain moderate- to extremely-complex computer programs using 4GL programming languages (such as SAS, R, SQL).
- Bachelor’s Degree in or related to Computer/Information Science, Mathematics/Statistics, Economics
- An advanced degree in or related to Computer/Information Science, Mathematics/Statistics, Economics, Industrial Engineering or Operations Research
- 3 years of relevant, progressive experience in Industrial Engineering or Operations Research, or related field. Grandfathered experience requirements effective August 2016
- Experience and demonstrated proficiency as a Decision Support Analyst or equivalent training and experience in a business or clinical environment with direct responsibility for applying technology.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Strong technical skills in the mainframe, PC and / or Internet-based technologies to be effective and must be comfortable and proficient using large and complex databases.
- Strong skills using various third-party office and report generation products such as Microsoft Office, Cognos, SQL and / or SAS Enterprise Guide.
- Strong communication skills. Must be comfortable presenting findings and offering recommendations to senior management.
Employee Referral Level: 2
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org