Job Description :
This job performs key actions that result in enhanced structure, definition and coordination of key activities and dependencies. Works closely with the Program / Project Manager (PM) on medium to large scale complex projects and coordinates activities and resources in support of projects. Coordinates activities and dependencies across impacted domains and functional areas; assists with developing and maintaining project plans and schedules; assists with developing project communications such as status reports, budget reports, executive summaries, change requests, etc.; facilitating performance analytics for overall monitoring & tracking of project health and adherence to KPIs; and helping to ensure the timely and accurate completion of assignments to ensure the project is delivered on time, on budget, on scope and with high quality. Projects will be delivered using Waterfall and Agile Methodologies as defined by the Delivery Excellence processes.
- Facilitate transition of projects from Solutioning into Project Launch and developing an understanding of the new work. This includes reviewing domains impacted and understanding the end to end process for delivery of the project. Partner with the PM in the identification of project stakeholders, solidifying project success criteria with the customer, and ensuring the proper communication is developed for all stakeholders. Assist with Project SharePoint site set up and ongoing administration, as well as planning and scheduling internal/external kick off meetings.
- Assist with developing artifacts related to the delivery excellence processes and ensuring that those artifacts are properly maintained and shared with project stakeholders. Works with the PM with developing detailed resource plan, project schedule, Work Breakdown Structure, and a detailed Project Plan to ensure complete delivery of the project requirements.
- Exhibit strong verbal and written communication. Complete project status reporting timely and accurately, ensure adherence to established KPI, input & audit aging RAID items (i.e., follow up, update status, and close RAID items) and escalate impediments appropriately. Obtain appropriate sign-offs on deliverables and responsible for ensuring that project deliverables are uploaded on the Project Artifact SharePoint site. Attends, scribes, and/or facilitates established project progress tracking meetings (i.e., Project Kick-off, Weekly Project Status, Change Control Review and Governance) and works to ensure that action items are logged with timely disposition (i.e., minimal aging).
- Maintain ongoing updates associated with scope, schedule and resources in the MS Project work plan. Assess need, draft the change control and initiate review with the PM. Assist with the monitoring of resource utilization on the project, ETCs, and unnamed resources. Provides proactive analysis into the project performance including financial health, progress on planned work completion, and call to action on potential risks & issues and uncovers opportunities for forecast adjustments with weekly resource staffing analysis and communicates to the PM.
- Ensure that project delivery outputs are properly included in releases including monitoring release weekend activities and reporting progress during the release activities. Supports as required on release calls.
- Responsible for learning the Delivery Excellence methodology and internal processes with the goal of increasing in knowledge and expertise to develop greater proficiency in Project Management acumen and expertise.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor's Degree in Healthcare, Business or related field
- 1 year of project delivery
- 1 year of Client Relationship management
LICENSES or CERTIFICATIONS
- Understanding of the software development life-cycle/Ability to work in a fast-paced growth environment
- Strong analytical skills – able to analyze and document project issues, decision logs, action items and risk associated with the project
- Strong Communication skills
- Problem Management and Resolution
- Working in a Matrixed Organization
- Client expectations management
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite of products including Excel, PowerPoint and Word
Language (Other than English):
0% – 25%
PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS and WORKING CONDITIONS
Teaches / trains others regularly
Travel regularly from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site
Works primarily out-of-the office selling products/services (sales employees)
Physical work site required
Lifting: up to 10 pounds
Lifting: 10 to 25 pounds
Lifting: 25 to 50 pounds
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement: This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org
California Consumer Privacy Act Employees, Contractors, and Applicants Notice