Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Provides efficient and quality veterinary care on a daily basis and maintains animal lab.
- Performs daily animal husbandry including but not limited to feeding, watering, monitoring health and cage sanitization. (25%)
- Maintains husbandry equipment inventory, storage areas and animal lab according to departmental standards and regulatory compliance guidelines. (25%)
- Provides veterinary healthcare assistance including but not limited to medication, special diets, exams and restraints of animals. Collects samples and performs various tests in parasitology hematology, microbiology, etc. according to departmental and regulatory standards. (25%)
- Documents and maintains accurate records of animal health and regulatory data including environmental protocol to support current research studies. (25%)
- Graduate of a veterinary technician program or verification of impending graduation from current school for students required.
- Knowledge of standard animal husbandry equipment operation.
- Possess knowledge of current animal welfare policy and regulations.
- Should be computer literate.
- Animal health technician licensure preferred.
- AALAS (technician level) preferred.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org
California Consumer Privacy Act Employees, Contractors, and Applicants Notice