United Concordia Dental
Job Description :
This job analyzes data such as type of industry, financial condition, and other characteristics to assess risk for a book of business consisting of standard small and mid-sized clients in conformance with established underwriting policies, practices and standards. May prepare a variety of reports to support developed rating actions.
- Responsible for block of business (new or renewal) or for those new/renewing accounts assigned, including all rating methods.
- Calculate rates utilizing Company rating algorithms, adjusting accordingly to cover questionable claim patterns or unusual situations not otherwise contemplated within the standard formula.
- Communicate case specific underwriting results with other internal departments.
- Complete workload within established Production and Timeliness standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mathematics, Actuarial Science, Finance, Business, Computer Science or other quantitative analysis discipline
6 years of related experience in lieu of a Bachelor's Degree
- 1 year of relevant underwriting experience
- 2 years of relevant underwriting experience
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS
- Actively pursuing a relevant professional designation from an organization such as (but not limited to) HIAA/AMHC, CEBS, SOA
- Ability to work independently and use computer systems, electronic tools and applications
- Ability to manage several simultaneous priorities
- Demonstrated ethical business practices with adherence to guidelines
- Mathematical ability to apply complex rating algorithms
Language Requirement(Other than English)
0% – 25%
PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS and WORKING CONDITIONS
Teaches / trains others regularly
Travel regularly from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site
Works primarily out-of-the office selling products/services (sales employees)
Does Not Apply
Physical work site required
Lifting: up to 10 pounds
Lifting: 10 to 25 pounds
Lifting: 25 to 50 pounds
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement: This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org
California Consumer Privacy Act Employees, Contractors, and Applicants Notice