Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Acts under the direction of the endoscopist and/or Registered Nurse during endoscopic procedures. May assist the RN in technical aspects of circulating duties.
- Participates in the maintenance of Procedure room supplies and endoscopic equipment. Assures the integrity/condition and availability of adequate equipment. (40%)
- Functions as an integral member of the team throughout the performance of GI-endoscopic procedures. (30%)
- Disassembles and reprocesses instrumentation on a post-procedure basis as per current departmental policy. Maintains documentation as per policy. (20%)
- Maintains effective two-way communications with patients, families, and all members of the health care team. (5%)
- May assist with special procedures under the direction of the RN and MD (e.g., Yag lasers, wound care, etc.). (5%)
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- High school diploma or GED; or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- CPR certification.
- Associate's degree in health-related field.
- Prior GI-endoscopy experience.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org
California Consumer Privacy Act Employees, Contractors, and Applicants Notice