Job Description :
Represents the organization to the state and/or federal government on proposed legislations that is of vital concern to the organization and customers. Develops and maintains credible and professional relationships with legislators, various heads of state and/or federal agencies and their assistants and staff.
1. Direct communication and lobbying of members of Congress, the PA General Assembly and multiple state legislatures on public policy issues impacting the corporation to ensure a positive legislative outcome. May require public policy research, development of advocacy and educational materials for external public.
2. Communicate with management and various external audiences including trade associations, and state and federal agency personnel to present and explain organization’s position on issues affecting its business.
3. Support the identification, development, implementation and monitoring of state and federal legislation and regulations and which will promote the organization’s business strategy.
4. Other duties as assigned or requested.
Education, Licenses/Certifications, and Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 5-10 years of relevant, progressive experience in the area of specialization
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong relationship building skills.
- Client focused with strong business acumen.
- Self-starter with the ability to work under pressure independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to think strategically and act proactively to create strong trust and confidence with business units.
- Strong innovative problem-solving capabilities.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Does this role supervise/manage other employees?
Is Travel Required?
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy. Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org
California Consumer Privacy Act Employees, Contractors, and Applicants Notice