Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Provide services to the day-to-day operating objectives of the assigned area by participating in projects and programs appropriate to the needs of the assigned area, participating in the planning and implementation of projects and initiatives and conducting research and reporting including recommendations or proposals for action.
- Display effective communication skills by interacting directly with colleagues, clientele and/or other internal or external constituencies in the planning of assignments and the resolution of day-to-day operational problems.
- Under supervision, provide entry-level professional services as appropriate to the day-to-day operating objectives of the area. Receives guidance, training and mentoring from senior personnel in planning and carrying out activities and assignments.
- Undertake and/or participate in projects and programs designed to develop professional skills and expertise appropriate to the needs of the organization.
- Participates in the planning and implementation of unit projects and initiatives within area of expertise and ability.
- As specifically requested by management, conducts research and reporting inclusive of recommendations or alternative proposals for action.
- Undertakes related studies or enrichment programs as appropriate to the specific objectives of the operating unit.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- For College Interns: Full or part time enrollment in an accredited post secondary education program
- For High School Interns: Enrollment at a high school within Allegheny County
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement: This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org
California Consumer Privacy Act Employees, Contractors, and Applicants Notice