Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Organizes, directs and controls the operations of the HIM Department under the direction of the Corporate HIM Director or his/her designee. Monitors accomplishment of objectives which focus on controlling the cost while improving the productivity of medical record services and ensures that patient records are complete, current and readily accessible.
- Organizes, directs and controls the operations of the evening and night shifts in the file, chart, completion and transcription sections. (35%)
- Assures accessibility to complete and accurate records. (25%)
- Functions as a "working supervisor" by assisting in completion of departmental functions as supervisory judgment recognizes as needed. (10%)
- Assures compliance with regulatory audits and Vital Statistics and confidentiality of protected health information. (10%)
- Performs all steps necessary relative to hiring, evaluating, coaching, promoting, disciplining and discharging employees by following established HR policies. (20%)
- BA/BS Degree.
- 5-7 years’ experience in a HIM Department, preferred knowledge and/or skills in medical terminology, accreditation standards and rules and regulations pertaining to disclosure of medical information.
- Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) or Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) eligible
- Expertise in HIPPA rules and federal laws and regulations regarding release of information.
- Knowledge and experience with transcription, chart locator and deficiency management software.
- Knowledge of JC, DOH, CMS and other regulatory standards.
- Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA).
- Experience in an academic medical center.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org
California Consumer Privacy Act Employees, Contractors, and Applicants Notice