Job Description :
This job is responsible for successful execution of time sensitive, high priority, and high visibility projects and strategic risk initiatives. The incumbent will be providing subject matter expertise and quality review of knowledge based materials leveraged by the risk departments.
- Perform management responsibilities to include, but are not limited to: involved in hiring and termination decisions, coaching and development, rewards and recognition, performance management and staff productivity. Plan, organize, staff, direct and control the day-to-day operations of the department; develop and implement policies and programs as necessary; may have budgetary responsibility and authority.
- Manages a cross-functional team of experienced professionals across compliance, privacy, InfoSec, and quality, with intermittent management of team members from additional subject areas, including finance, legal and procurement.
- Acts as a consultant to business leaders for high-visibility, high-criticality risk issues; provides advisory support and educates the business leaders on support provided by the risk team.
- Works closely with applicable Risk Officers and Risk Operations to ensure coordinated and complete analysis and communication of work, including (1) Timely analysis of risk and facilitation of risk decisioning through execution, (2) resolution of road blocks and obstacles, and (3) advice and consultation related to matters specific to the individual areas of expertise.
- Maintain a strong working knowledge of the risk operations framework; following protocols from identification through monitoring.
- Maintain extensive knowledge base for area of focus; staying up to date on new or changing requirements.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor's Degree Risk Management, Business Administration, Finance or related field
- 6 years of related and progressive experience in lieu of Bachelor's degree
- Master's Degree Risk Management, Business Administration, Finance or related field
- 7 years in Risk Management, Strategy or similar management area
- 5 years with projects related to risk assessment, quality and compliance, privacy or other risk-related activities
- 5 years in a leadership or management role
LICENSES or CERTIFICATIONS
- Broad-based business knowledge as well as in-depth knowledge of the healthcare industry
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation skills, as well as conceptual and analytic skills
- High-level of skill in leading interdepartmental and cross-functional strategy development.
- Experience managing multiple projects and managing professional staff on numerous projects to ensure corporate deadlines and objectives are met.
- The utmost integrity in the discreet and confidential handling of confidential materials is necessary
Language (Other than English):
0% – 25%
PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS and WORKING CONDITIONS
Teaches / trains others regularly
Travel regularly from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site
Works primarily out-of-the office selling products/services (sales employees)
Physical work site required
Lifting: up to 10 pounds
Lifting: 10 to 25 pounds
Lifting: 25 to 50 pounds
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement: This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org
California Consumer Privacy Act Employees, Contractors, and Applicants Notice