Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Provide perfusion services including support, treatment, measurement or supplementation of the cardiopulmonary and circulatory system of patients, as well as operate related equipment to support a patient's cardiopulmonary or systemic circulatory functions.
- Assemble, operate, maintain and manage extracorporeal cardiopulmonary support equipment for patients having open heart surgery, high-risk invasive cardiology procedures or other major surgery and medical patients as needed. (60%)
- Ensure proper physiologic management of patients by administration of medications, blood components, and anesthetic agents via the extra corporeal circuit through monitoring and analyzing the blood gases, blood chemistries, hemodynamic status, anticoagulation and hematologic status, body and circuit temperatures while on cardiopulmonary support. (15%)
- Maintain proficiencies and participate in the implant and operation of all VADs used at the facility. (10%)
- Ensure hemodynamic and physiological management of the patient by utilizing blood conservation and/or auto transfusion techniques, by providing and administering myocardial preservation solutions, and by assessing the degree of hemodilution and need for hemofiltration. (5%)
- Assist with insertion and removal of and to operate, maintain and manage counter pulsation devices for cardiology and surgery patients, as well as consult with staff surgeon, resident or cardiologist to select appropriate equipment/techniques for the patient. (3%)
- Ensure proficiency as a Perfusionist and maintain certification through involvement in continuing education programs, maintaining knowledge of state of art technology, techniques, and to provide educational opportunities for perfusion students as assigned. (2%)
- Contribute to quality improvement through participation in the facility's perfusion data base. (5%)
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Biology, Chemistry or related sciences; or two to four years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination education and experience.
- Must be certified by the American Board of Cardiovascular Perfusion as a Clinical Perfusionist.
- Basic computer skills.
- CPR certification.
- Previous experience as a clinical perfusionist.
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement: This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org
California Consumer Privacy Act Employees, Contractors, and Applicants Notice