Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Provides advanced level reporting and analysis to the risk management and infection control processes; designs and implements reports, analyzes data, and monitors statistical information to promote patient safety
- Independently responds to Patient Safety issues in the absence of the Director of Patient Safety. Serves as a resource for the management team related to state mandated reporting requirements. (20%)
- Manages electronic occurrence reporting system and data base(s) to promote patient safety and infection control activities for the hospital. Creates ad hoc reports with analysis upon request of the management team. (35%)
- Tracks and coordinates the Malpractice and General Liability insurance submission by identifying those events with litigation potential for the hospital. (20%)
- Prepares and maintains confidential patient safety and infection prevention and control materials for the committees related to Patient Safety, Quality and Infection Prevention. (25%)
- Must be able to identify patient safety and potential litigious events using independent thinking and sound judgment. Requires flexibility, excellent analytic and problem solving skills, as well as excellent guest relations and interpersonal skills. The ability to work independently to meet state mandated reporting requirements is imperative. Previous legal/regulatory/compliance experience is preferred. Knowledge of medical terminology and computer software.
- Associate's Degree preferred.
- Minimum 5 years healthcare experience, executive level administrative support experience preferred.
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement: This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org
California Consumer Privacy Act Employees, Contractors, and Applicants Notice