Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Supervises and coordinates all activities related to the day-to-day operations of the phlebotomy staff. Cooperates with and maintains excellent working relationships with patients, AHN leadership and staff, physician offices and designated external agencies or vendors. Performs any written or verbal communication necessary to exchange information with designated contacts and promote working relationships. Ensures safety of patients, visitors, and other employees by following policies and working in accordance with requirements of all regulatory bodies.
- Selects, develops and motivates staff. Supervises assigned staff, assesses competencies, evaluates work, recommends and implements appropriate disciplinary action.
- Collects and processes specimens in accordance with laboratory policies and procedures.
- Ensures completion of orientation requirements, mandatory in services, continuing education requirements, and competencies. Oversees phlebotomy training of new hires, students, and other health care providers.
- Maintains the cleanliness of the work area and ensures adequate supplies are available for efficient laboratory operations.
- Prepares and maintains work schedule to assure staffing and communicates changes.
- May travel to remote locations, (personal care homes, nursing homes, etc.) to obtain blood specimens as needed. May perform patient registration as required.
- Provides direct supervision of the lab couriers as required by facility.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Phlebotomy training
- Valid driver’s license
- 4 years phlebotomy experience
- Post High School coursework in a Phlebotomy, Medical Assistant, or Medical Lab Assistant program
- Phlebotomy certification or certification from a nationally accredited program
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy. Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org
California Consumer Privacy Act Employees, Contractors, and Applicants Notice