Job Description :
In this director level role you will have accountability for a team of cross-functional Project Managers responsible for the implementation of a dynamic, cloud-based dynamic analytic platform known as The Living Health Platform. The incumbent will have responsibility to understand the scope of work occurring in several complex value streams and interface with the project managers and owners to ensure that there is proper coordination and organization of delivery. They will also be responsible for managing escalations and risks associated with projects related to the Living Health Platform. The Director will work closely with an external partner to ensure complete synchronicity of efforts and successful implementation.
- Perform management responsibilities to include, but are not limited to: involved in hiring and termination decisions, coaching and development, rewards and recognition, performance management and staff productivity. Plan, organize, staff, direct and control the day-to-day operations of the department; develop and implement policies and programs as necessary; may have budgetary responsibility and authority.
- Develop and lead PMO governance, coordination and management of project management processes and functions within a matrixed organization. Responsible for all executive reviews and updates (e.g., executive level materials).
- Initiation of projects – Create formal methodologies and define key project, performance and resource allocation metrics. Provides primary intake point for work assignment in the value stream. Ensures that the balance of workload and assignment is correct across the team.
- Responsible for all project management processes and tools. Continuously assess PMO based on key metrics to achieve goals. Communicate and ensure best practices and project management tools & processes are applied to address unique situations. Reviews identified risks across the projects and provides input and direction regarding potential remediation. Resolves resource issues for projects through coordination with product managers and owners.
- Lead PMO delivery and approvals for multiple concurrent project managers, tracking completion of action items, resolving issues, mitigating risk while monitoring financial performance of projects. Engages in the go to green plan for all red projects. Supports the resolution of any escalated issue for the project. Understand budget and resource utilization across the delivery domains. Escalate any issues regarding project profitability and review action plans with product owners. Ensure that change controls are being executed for projects.
- Provide business, portfolio and project reporting and analysis to executive steering committee. Actively engage in all Red projects to resolve open issues. Be prepared to accept and manage escalations for projects in their domains. Have regular meetings with the stakeholders for critical projects. Ensure that any issues for project are properly escalated to senior leadership as appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or related field
- 10 years of project delivery
- 10 years with client relationships
- 7 years with Jira, Confluence and other project management tools
- 5 years of project experience with Big Data and Analytics or Cloud Networking
- 5 years of working cross–functionally in a highly integrated team composed of both technical and non-technical members
- 5 years in a supervisory or management role
LICENSES or CERTIFICATIONS
- PMP – Project Management Professional
- CSM – Scrum Master
- PMI Agile Certified Practitioner
- Project Management (Agile)
- Financial Planning and Management
- Strong Communication skills
- Problem Management and Resolution
- Working in a Matrixed Organization
- Client expectations management
Language (Other than English):
0% – 25%
PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS and WORKING CONDITIONS
Teaches / trains others regularly
Travel regularly from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site
Works primarily out-of-the office selling products/services (sales employees)
Physical work site required
Lifting: up to 10 pounds
Lifting: 10 to 25 pounds
Lifting: 25 to 50 pounds
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement: This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Referral Level Payout 3
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org
California Consumer Privacy Act Employees, Contractors, and Applicants Notice