Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
This job is responsible for maintaining and enhancing a high functioning and patient centric hospital and physician revenue cycle leading a cross-departmental organizational structure. Revenue Cycle functions include Patient Access (including admitting, registration, pre-services, case clearance), Clinical Revenue Cycle (including HIM, coding and Revenue Integrity), and Central Business Office (including billing, follow up, credit and collections, cash management, customer service).
Provides leadership, strategic vision, and administrative direction to all Revenue Cycle managers and team members. Mentors, develops and encourages team members to reach their full potential as embodied in the organization's Core Values. Incorporates the values and standards of AHN into all business staff development practices and all departmentally directed activities. Effectively emphasizes the importance of the Patient Experience with all Revenue Cycle team members. Ensures employees are hired, trained and evaluated according to the standards set forth by Human Resources and sound management principles.
- Maintains appropriate internal control safeguards over A/R records and collection of cash. Maintains compliance standards for providing accurate information on all facility or health system billings. Plans, coordinates and prepares year-end audits with public accounting firms and third party auditors as they relate to A/R operations. Ensures compliance with relevant regulations, standards and directives from regulatory agencies and third party payers.
- Oversees and enhances the development of the data collection, analysis and reporting processes for the executive management of the revenue cycle at all WPAHS facilities, including information integrity validation and interpretation. Oversees the financial interface between and performance analysis of the patient financial services functions and fiscal services functions
- Assesses and responds to organizational and customers' needs with innovative programs to ensure customer satisfaction. Leads Revenue Cycle standardization and oversees system-wide process improvement efforts, gaining organizational support for implementation of aligned Revenue Cycle programs and policies. Assists with ensuring cost effective and efficient processes and outcome management for internal and external customers. Maintains cost to collect standards within established standards.
- Ensures that goals for A/R days, cash, and bad debt management are accomplished as well as maximizing the net revenue collectability from all third party payers. Participates in financial forecasting and planning along with other members of the management team. Ensures completion of various financial forecasts including cost center salary and direct expenses, month-end financial reporting, receivable levels (days in A/R and aging), cost center productivity, and any long range and strategic plans for the department.
- Bachelor's degree in Management Accounting, Finance or other related specialty
- 10 years of progressive experience with 5 years at the supervisory/management level
- Advanced analytic skills and experience in developing outcomes-driven metrics and Service Level Agreements
- Hands-on experience in various areas of patient access, registration, billing, credit and collection, and cash management
- Multi-hospital experience
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement: This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org
California Consumer Privacy Act Employees, Contractors, and Applicants Notice