Hm Health Solutions Inc.
Job Description :
The job is an integral member of an agile software engineer team responsible for building scalable software applications across all digital channels to serve our customers. The position will be responsible for taking an enterprise-wide, architectural view of the solutions and the technical execution of products using the technical stack that best meets the needs of the platform. The position, and team, will be involved in every aspect at part of the software application build process from idea generation, business analysis, technical design and software development using the latest technologies and design patterns.
- Lead the resolution of a variety of technical and business problems ensuring proper scalability, performance, maintainability, security, and robustness
- Responsible for idea generation, exploring and implementing appropriate technical solutions to achieve the required product features, as well as monitoring technical process against project plan while safeguarding functionality, scalability and performance.
- Explore new technologies and architectural concepts in order to ensure our products are using cutting-edge solutions.
- Participate in high-level development estimations to help ensure roadmap execution is on target.
- Present solutions and ideas to team members and management to drive technical solutions and implementations.
- Mentor and provide leadership to other software engineers as needed
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
- 6 years of related and progressive experience in lieu of Bachelor's degree
- Master's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
- 9 years of proficiency in design and analysis of algorithms, data structures, and design patterns in the building and deploying of scalable; highly available systems
- 9 years in understanding of web services technologies such as REST, HTTPS, JSON
- 9 years of defining system architectures and exploring technical feasibility trade-offs for optimizing short term execution while planning for long term technical capabilities
- 9 years of translating design mockups, prototypes and user stories into working applications
- 9 years producing code that is fault-tolerant, efficient, and maintainable
- 9 years working with a variety of technology systems, designing solutions or developing applications in healthcare
- 3 years of working with Machine Learning esp. in Natural Language Understanding, Machine Translation, Deep Neural Networks and related fields
LICENSES or CERTIFICATIONS
- Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment
- Have experience working with agile methodology of scrum
- Ability to speak and write English fluently and idiomatically
- Interest and ability to learn other programming languages as needed
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, unit testing, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Strong track record in designing and implementing large scale consumer facing applications
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
- Demonstrated passion for user experience and improving usability
- Experience and willingness to mentor junior engineers and help develop their skills and leadership
Language (Other than English):
0% – 25%
PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS and WORKING CONDITIONS
Teaches / trains others regularly
Travel regularly from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site
Works primarily out-of-the office selling products/services (sales employees)
Physical work site required
Lifting: up to 10 pounds
Lifting: 10 to 25 pounds
Lifting: 25 to 50 pounds
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement: This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org
California Consumer Privacy Act Employees, Contractors, and Applicants Notice