Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Under the direction of AHN leadership, prepares operating budgets for units, departments and hospitals based on actual performance, previous budgets, estimated revenue and strategic plan. Reviews expenditures of requisitioning departments to ensure budget conformance. Provides variance analysis of statistics, revenues and expenses. Assists in the installation of budget control systems. Manages and monitors budgeting applications. Performs a wide range of project tasks and acts as a financial and operational liaison for operations including departmental managers. Works collaboratively with all strategic partnerships related to Workforce Planning.
- Develops, coordinates and analyzes budgets for system services and the hospitals including meeting with department managers to assist in development of budgets. Assists in the consolidation and analysis of budgets for overall presentation to senior management. (25%)
- Develops, maintains and performs complex calculations and detailed analysis to support strategic plans, operating budgets, monthly close, modeling and other benchmarks. (25%)
- Provides expertise and education related to budgeting, revenue recognition, and system and process changes. Correlates Revenue/Expense to volumes and prepares reports to assist financial and clinical management is assessing financial performance. (15%)
- Analyzes financial results, trends and performance metrics and provides root cause analysis to support business decisions. (15%)
- Independently and collaboratively, pursues fundamental problem solving. Conducts financial analysis including the preparation of reports, gathering of data and documentation of findings and communicates outcomes to leadership. (15%)
- Monitors and manages workforce methodologies to improve labor management strategies. Collaborates within and across teams to support labor management process improvements and sharing of best practices. (10%)
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field
- 3-5 years experience in budgeting, planning, and financial analysis
- Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement: This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org
California Consumer Privacy Act Employees, Contractors, and Applicants Notice