Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Responsible for analytics work associated with business case planning, business case development, and strategic market evaluations and plans. He(she) will build business cases to evaluate the projected outcomes of various decisions utilizing the P&L, cost accounting system, patient accounting systems, and market share data. This person will serve as a leader and role model to other staff and will assist in the Director's absence. The position has both high exposure in that this group is working primarily with C-Suite team at the hospitals, Allegheny Clinic as well as Highmark. They are also preparing the analytics support for 2 to 50+ million dollar business cases.
- Assigned as a lead to specific strategic initiatives to drive business case development. This consists of creating the business case timeline and identifying key individuals to coordinate with including senior level executives to begin collecting pertinent assumptions to the business case analysis. He(she) will serve in a project management role keeping the group on task and completing the business case in the targeted timeframe. (25%)
- Data Analytics – Utilize internal and external data sources to prepare a comprehensive analysis that will answer questions around market share, available volume, reimbursement projections, operational cost projections, capital funding required, and the expected financial returns. (25%)
- Financial Modeling – Prepare a comprehensive financial model to process all data and assumptions collected through the business case development process that will provide key financial metrics and financial returns required for to make informed business decisions. (20%)
- Business Case Presentation – Package material and present it back to the executive management team and participate in the overall evaluation of the business plans and market assessments. (15%)
- Participate and contribute to process improvement of business case planning & analytics. (5%)
- Assist the Director with system-wide and department specific financial projects as assigned and serve as a leader in the Director's absence. (10%)
- Master's degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, or Healthcare Management
- Financial modeling, business case preparation, financial analysis
- 7-10 years experience in financial analysis
- 3-5 years experience in business care preparation
- 7-10 years experience in healthcare administration
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy. Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org
California Consumer Privacy Act Employees, Contractors, and Applicants Notice