Job Description :
Takes a lead role in more complex plans to research, evaluate, design and develop IT Infrastructure systems by applying engineering, hardware and software design theories and principles to develop a compatible system infrastructure in line with organizational strategies. Takes a lead role in more complex design, development, and implementation of IT Infrastructure components such as operating systems, software tools, and utilities. Takes a lead role in conducting more complex studies of IT Infrastructure performance and traffic analysis. Takes a lead role in determining more complex systems design requirements and ensures that system improvements are successfully implemented and monitored to increase efficiency. Takes a lead role in generating more complex IT Infrastructure engineering policies, standards and procedures. May mentor less experienced team members.
1. Takes a lead role in serving on teams in clearly defining, with the customer, more complex requirements, deliverables and timeframes. Escalate issues and make recommendations to resolve them to the appropriate audience.
2. Takes a lead role conducting more complex root cause analysis to identify and resolve complex problems impacting IT Infrastructure.
3. Takes a lead role to develop and/or deliver technical training in complex technical areas. May mentor less experienced team members in the execution of their duties.
4. Takes a lead role in completing more complex project tasks to enable the on time, within budget and scope delivery of IT Infrastructure projects.
5. Assure compliance to required standards, procedures, guidelines and processes.
6. Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Detailed knowledge of NetApp, IBM, and EMC enterprise-level storage arrays. Strong NetApp experience favored.
- Operational experience with NetApp and EMC NAS products
- Windows server and Linux server operational knowledge
- VMWare and Hyper-V knowledge from a storage administration perspective
- Knowledge of iSCSI storage configuration and management
- SAN Network experience with Cisco and Brocade directors and switches
- Experience with enterprise snapshot and backup technologies. Experience with SnapCenter and CommVault preferred.
- Knowledge of data replication processes and how they relate to Disaster Recovery RPO and data consistency; array-based data replication experience
- Detailed understanding of storage performance metrics and the ability to analyze current and historical metrics for performance reporting purposes
- Understanding of performance metric gathering tools from NetApp, EMC, and IBM
- The ability to present performance and capacity data to management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service abilities
- Experience working with external vendors
- Demonstrated ability to analyze problems, perform root cause analysis, and apply appropriate resolutions
Also of benefit:
- Familiarity with Active Directory and Group Policy
- Detailed understanding of managing storage for an EPIC environment
- Healthcare industry (payer and provider) experience
- An understanding of IT financial processes
- Experience in managing audit and compliance inquiries
- PMP certification a plus
Education, Licenses/Certifications, and Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required
- 3-5 years of experience in Information Technology
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Does this role supervise/manage other employees? No x
Is Travel Required?
This job requires the ability to work as a team member. Additionally, this job requires the willingness and ability to report to work on a regular and timely basis and may require irregular work hours, holidays and/or weekends.
Note: Job duties and responsibilities support separation of duties across multiple users
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org
California Consumer Privacy Act Employees, Contractors, and Applicants Notice