Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Provides for purchase, storage, distribution, reverse distribution and accounting of pharmaceuticals and related products in accordance with all federal and state laws and standards of professional practice.
- Performs procurement functions related to inventory, purchasing, receiving, reverse distribution, storage and drug distribution to ensure appropriate inventory levels to meet operational needs. Records and processes recalls, outdates, returns and credits. (30%)
- Monitors hospital medication inventory including floor stock, automated dispensing cabinet inventory and facilitates the medication needs of other departments. (30%)
- Participates in network supply chain purchasing initiatives. Reconciles and maintains purchase records pertaining to inventory activities, invoice management and associated database maintenance activities. (10%)
- Administers the inventory replacement process for 340B medications inclusive of maintaining files and accurate records for 340B split billing software, maintaining compliance with 340B regulations, conducting all procurement activities in line with policies and regulations that govern hospital policy and the 340B program as appropriate. (10%)
- Assists pharmacy management in monitoring the department's drug budget by reporting significant changes in prices, contract status and purchase volumes. (10%)
- Processes patient and department charges, credits and billing information. Resolves discrepancies as they arise. Participates in CDM build and maintenance as necessary. (5%)
- Performs the pharmacy technician functions as defined in the pharmacy technician job descriptions as necessary. Participates in performance improvement and regulatory compliance efforts. (5%)
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- High school diploma / GED
- Completion of a formal pharmacy technician training program. Equivalent relevant pharmacy experience required in lieu of formal training program
- 3-5 years in a hospital pharmacy technician role
- Pharmacy Technician Certification (CPhT) required within 6 months of hire. Legacy technicians must obtain certification within 12 months of policy effective date
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement: This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org
California Consumer Privacy Act Employees, Contractors, and Applicants Notice