Job Description :
This job identifies and cultivates prospects, clients and intermediaries for solicitation of new business opportunities. The incumbent is responsible for the profitable sale of core and supplemental products, directly or through intermediaries, in an assigned geographic region, territory or distribution channel. Leads new business meetings, closes sales, and sells to groups with contracts generally spanning 100-1,000. The incumbent's assignments are broad in scope and require depth of knowledge as well as ingenuity and originality. The accounts are a mix of standard and non-standard and vary in levels of complexity and customization.
- Responsible for the profitable sale of core and supplemental products for the business segment within the assigned territory.
- Actively and aggressively prospect for new group business, identifies and pursues account acquisitions and/or key accounts.
- Maintains productive working relationships with key consultants and brokers in the market place as well as maintaining a knowledge of competitors product lines, strategy and pricing.
- Participate in product development and prepares business programs (i.e. territory specific action plans and strategy for closing sales) and long term strategy for specific account needs.
- Analyze customer needs and the Organization's financial objectives in order to recommend appropriate product(s) and/or services and analyze/offer specific benefit alternatives and financial arrangements to address the unique needs of each potential customer.
- Control the buying process by developing an understanding of each prospect’s business plans and goals in order to teach them new perspectives, tailor messaging and product and service delivery.
- Partner with diversified businesses and other Organization business partners to cross-sell additional products and services to prospects.
- Solve complex problems specific to middle market often taking a new perspective using existing solutions.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- 2 – 4 years of related, progressive experience
LICENSES or CERTIFICATIONS
- State specific Producer License’s for Life, Accident & Health are required or must be obtained within 45 days of hire
- Possesses and applies broad and in-depth knowledge of the concepts, principles, practices, and processes of the large/labor/strategic market
- Adapts procedures, processes to meet the more complex requirements of the position
- Ability to speak publicly and extemporaneously on a variety of subjects
- Presentation, communication and negotiation skills
- Organizational skills and the ability to meet deadlines
- Creativity and Innovation
- Persistence & Resilience
- Problem Solving
Language (Other than English):
50% – 75%
PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS and WORKING CONDITIONS
Teaches / trains others regularly
Travel regularly from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site
Works primarily out-of-the office selling products/services (sales employees)
Physical work site required
Lifting: up to 10 pounds
Lifting: 10 to 25 pounds
Lifting: 25 to 50 pounds
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement: This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org
California Consumer Privacy Act Employees, Contractors, and Applicants Notice