Job Description :
This job has enterprise-wide responsibility for creating and driving strategic sourcing for an assigned category of spend while building strong client business-oriented relationships by contributing to client strategy and objective setting. The incumbent acts as a strategic business partner, interfacing at the Director levels of the company, providing leadership in the designated spend category for category strategy/plans, strategic sourcing and other strategic procurement processes such as supplier relationship management, spend performance management, demand and compliance management, internal spend and external market analysis, and category governance. Collaborates with key stakeholders on the development and implementation of annual and multi-year category strategies in order to achieve category goals, achieve business strategies and deliver sustainable category value. This position has significant financial and enterprise risk mitigation responsibilities.
- Lead creation and implementation of sourcing and demand management strategies for assigned categories of spend, manage the development of RFx materials, detailed analysis of proposals and vendor capabilities, negotiations and supplier selection.
- Plan, schedule and monitor category sourcing initiatives, ensuring proper resource allocation an on-time delivery of projects; exercise tight project management.
- Leverage key metrics to identify problem areas and adopt current and emerging business models with an entrepreneurial mindset and creative approach to drive best practice.
- Strategically partner with business unit leaders and contribute to client strategy by providing procurement expertise and strategic partnering for purchasing opportunities.
- Counsel internal business unit leaders regarding purchasing processes, technology capabilities and policies to assist in the procurement life-cycle.
- Build and manage relationships with priority business unit management, serve as a key member of stakeholder’s management team to support implementation of business strategies through advanced procurement initiatives and team alignment, facilitate the entire sourcing process and closely collaborate with clients to select and award business to suppliers.
- Demonstrate a strategic business mindset, organizational savvy, present an executive-level presence, and balance multiple stakeholder interests simultaneously
- Under the direction of Procurement leadership, create and drive long-term category strategies designed to anticipate enterprise-wide requirements and achieve maximum life-cycle value while optimizing forecasted shifts in both supply markets, industry trends and supplier economic cycles.
- Monitor strategy implementations on-going performance and ensure key issues, risks, and opportunities are elevated to the appropriate level.
- Lead the development and negotiation of contracts with new suppliers and/or re-negotiate existing contracts to accomplish lowest total system cost and savings objectives.
- Conduct category spend analyses and reporting, supplier stratification, supply market and category industry research.
- Perform ethical procurement practices of contracted goods and services which includes compliance with corporate and departmental policies and procedures as well as federal, state and local regulations.
- Develop profound category expertise and leverage knowledge to proactively identify potential procurement opportunities through data analysis, category and industry knowledge, current and emerging business models and discussions with business units.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain Management, Business Administration/Management, Finance, Accounting, Economics, Mathematics, Marketing, Industrial Engineering or Liberal Arts
- 3 years in a procurement role
- 1 year in strategic sourcing
- Experience providing procurement services to business leads, sourcing planning and execution, contract negotiations and supplier relationship management and performance
- Experience in Indirect Category Sourcing and/or Health Care Sourcing with demonstrated expertise in influencing the business strategy and shaping Procurement strategic direction.
- Experience in complex contract negotiations, competitive price analysis, procurement technology and related processes, contract management, and spend analysis
- Project planning and management experience
- Prior experience managing diverse stakeholder interests and expectations
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM)
- Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM)
- Experience in strategic management and problem solving
- Ability to translate big picture into implementation and achieve results
- Working knowledge and experience in and key Procurement functional areas of Category Management, Strategy Development, Contract Negotiation, Supplier and Risk Management and Supplier Diversity
- Excellent interpersonal, consultative, influencing, presentation and communication skills, work well in a team environment, able to work in diverse environments and adhere to highest ethical standards
- Demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgment in a complex, matrixed environment.
- Demonstrated success working with business unit executives and matrix organizations
- Strong analytical, financial and P&L skills required
- Effective negotiation skills and relevant experience
- Demonstrated ability to manage cost performance, supply/demand forecasting
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
Language (Other than English):
0% – 25%
PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS and WORKING CONDITIONS
Teaches / trains others regularly
Travel regularly from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site
Works primarily out-of-the office selling products/services (sales employees)
Physical work site required
Lifting: up to 10 pounds
Lifting: 10 to 25 pounds
Lifting: 25 to 50 pounds
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement: This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org
California Consumer Privacy Act Employees, Contractors, and Applicants Notice