Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Provides emergency medical care to the sick and injured patients in the pre-hospital environment; effectively communicates with all persons and departments involved in the administration of Emergency Medical Care.
- Drives response vehicle. (20%)
- Determines nature and extent of illness or injury; provide basic and advanced life support to the critically ill and injured during treatment and transport in the pre-hospital setting. (50%)
- Completes required documentation according to regulatory standards. (15%)
- Maintains equipment and inventory of supplies including BLS and ALS and has accountability for medications on every EMS unit per regulatory standards. (15%)
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Completion of a formal Paramedic training program
- Basic life support
- Emergency Vehicle Operators Course (EVOC)
- Hazmat R/O
- PA certification as EMT/Paramedic or licensed PHRN.
- Valid PA driver's license
- ACLS, ITLS/PHTLS, PALS required or obtained within 6 months of hire.
- Eligible for WPAHS Medical Command.
- Basic Vehicle Rescue Awareness, Haz-Mat Technician.
- ICS 100, 200 and IS 700, 800, ABLS and ASLS preferred.
- Minimum five years experience (pre-hospital Response Unit)
- Post-certification as an EMT/Paramedic with standing orders and current Preceptor status for Rapid Response.
- One year experience (Pass Through Program) preferred.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org
California Consumer Privacy Act Employees, Contractors, and Applicants Notice