Job Description :
This job is a leader in the organization driving vision and strategy reporting to the EVP of Corporate Affairs. This position will develop the vision, strategies and supporting plans to execute on initiatives to improve health outcomes in the communities Highmark Health serves. Will oversee the work to ensure optimal integration across the enterprise to advance the development of systems of care to routinely and effectively address patients’ social needs, defined as the non-medical aspects of individual and family lives that can affect one’s ability to maintain health and well-being. This position will link with executives within our organization and across the nation to discuss and influence strategies, plans and communications.
- Represent Highmark Health Social Determinants of Health (SDoH) activities to key constituents (i.e., Non-Profits, Boards, Government entities, etc.) as well as represent the Company at conferences and media events.
- Perform management responsibilities to include, but are not limited to: involved in hiring and termination decisions, coaching and development, rewards and recognition, performance management and staff productivity. Plan, organize, staff, direct and control the day-to-day operations of the department; develop and implement policies and programs as necessary; may have budgetary responsibility and authority.
- Work with Internal & External teams that design and oversee strategies & programs to address social determinants of health for our customers. Partners across the enterprise and with external partners to influence and guide the overall social determinants of health strategy as well as leverage multiple individual components (e.g., models of care, models to address SDoH, applicable reimbursement structures, performance measurement) and capabilities (e.g., data exchange, balanced score card development for provider/program/community performance management).
- Oversee the development and management of the infrastructure (e.g. communications, meetings, outcomes reporting, governance) to coordinate SDoH programs across the enterprise ensuring consistency and execution of the strategic direction surrounding SDoH (evaluating opportunities within all aspects of the enterprise).
- Build collaborative relationships within the organization, the provider community and government organizations, external local, regional and national healthcare industry leadership to both inform SDoH strategy as well as advance externally the organization’s transformation.
- Develop and maintain relationships to understand the current health care delivery state, readiness for change, test SDoH concepts, identify key partners, champion transformational change efforts, identify and proactively communicate SDoH transformation concepts with provider and professional advocacy societies and key thought leaders.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor's Degree in Health Administration, Business Administration or Business Management or related degree
- Master's Degree in Health Administration, Business Administration or Business Management
- 15 years of Health care, Provider and/or Payor experience OR
- 10 years of Consulting in related areas
- 10 years in Health Care Administration
- 7 years with Program or Project Management
- 7 years with Health Care Quality Improvement
- 7 years Management experience
LICENSES or CERTIFICATIONS
- Demonstrated strategic and analytical skills, including the ability to to analyze complex situations, learn quickly and synthesize corresponding solutions, options and action plans
- Creative problem solving skills, including the ability to identify areas of common ground across potentially competing points-of-view
- Excellent collaboration and communications skills, including written and oral presentation skills, with the ability to engage, build credibility and engender trust across all levels of an organization
- Strong leadership skills, and ability to work exceptionally well with leaders across at all levels within the organization
- Strong commitment to continuous process improvement and effective change execution
- Results oriented
- Strong communications & leadership skills with the ability to work with all levels wihtin the organization
- Ability to prioritize responsibilities, handle multiple projects simultaneously and delegate responsibilities when necessary
- Ability to build strong culture of collaboration and teamwork
- Demonstrate the Core Behaviors (i.e., Customer First, Transformational Leadership, Trust Working Together, and Purposeful Execution)
Language (Other than English):
0% – 25%
PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS and WORKING CONDITIONS
Teaches / trains others regularly
Travel regularly from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site
Works primarily out-of-the office selling products/services (sales employees)
Physical work site required
Lifting: up to 10 pounds
Lifting: 10 to 25 pounds
Lifting: 25 to 50 pounds
Does Not Apply
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement: This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org
California Consumer Privacy Act Employees, Contractors, and Applicants Notice