United Concordia Companies Inc
Job Description :
This job provides account support activities associated with the implementation and administration of groups and accounts. Provides assistance with non-standard benefit implementation tasks. Identifies and resolves problems related to benefit interpretations, non- standard benefits, handle rating concerns, and coordinate claim extracts and any subsequent adjudication requirements. The incumbent may have direct interaction with producers, clients and sales reps to ensure complete implementation, on-going service and all renewal activity. The incumbent is new to the role and is developing competence in performing work assignments.
- Load and maintain group information and benefit files.
- Interact and provide support activities to Account Managers (For UCD: Accounts Support Analysts are account managers for all small market clients. May also be involved with managing all aspects of relationships with core partners.)
- Resolve benefit inquiries received from Account Managers, producers, sales reps and small market clients. May coordinate meetings, projects, implementations with clients and core partners.
- Handle error management and ensure files are corrected.
- Analyze/coordinate the implementation of new products, group changes, benefit enhancements, non-standard benefits and activities related to mass updates.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- 0-1 year of relevant subject matter experience in the area of specialization
- Experience in Health Care, Insurance or Sales
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Understands fundamental principles, concepts, practices and processes within a specific field or discipline. Requires foundational analytical skills.
- Uses established processes to complete assigned activities and to solve problems.
Language (Other than English):
0% – 25%
PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS and WORKING CONDITIONS
Teaches / trains others regularly
Travel regularly from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site
Works primarily out-of-the office selling products/services (sales employees)
Physical work site required
Lifting: up to 10 pounds
Lifting: 10 to 25 pounds
Lifting: 25 to 50 pounds
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement: This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org
California Consumer Privacy Act Employees, Contractors, and Applicants Notice