Job Description :
This position is responsible for coordinating the security incident reporting and classification systems; assigning investigations, reviewing completed reports for thorough investigations, conducting follow-up investigations, reporting incident results to management, maintaining and electronic database of all incidents, ensure properly classified and prepare analysis of incidents; interacting with contracted personnel to ensure appropriate coverage for all shifts; and administering the company employee/contractor photo identification card system and building visitor management system.
Employee Referral Payout: Level 1
1. Maintain incident report database.
2. React to equipment malfunctions.
3. Maintain files and security reference manuals.
4. Work with security contractor site lead.
5. Other duties as assigned or requested.
- High School Diploma/GED
- 5-10 years of related, progressive experience
- Pennsylvania Act 235 (lethal Weapons Training Act) firearms certification to be obtained at Highmark expense within 12 months of employment data
- Experience in Criminology, Administration of Justice, Criminal Justice or Security Management
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong relationship building skills.
- Client focused with strong business acumen.
- Self-starter with the ability to work under pressure independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to think strategically and act proactively to create strong trust and confidence with business units.
- Strong innovative problem-solving capabilities.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Does this role supervise/manage other employees?
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy. Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org
California Consumer Privacy Act Employees, Contractors, and Applicants Notice