Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Demonstrates competency and proficiency in revenue cycle processes across multiple payers and systems; performs special projects as assigned including requests for patient billing records; consistently focuses on service excellence and patient satisfaction and is patient centric in all duties performed; demonstrates strong written and oral communication skills, and resolves issues with minimal assistance.
- Performs all daily transactions timely, completely, and accurately across all payer and service types in multiple Information systems with minimal direction. Maintains competency, meets work standards, and maintains proficiency to perform these daily transactions and functions. (60%)
- Identifies and communicates any issues or barriers in work environment or processes. Recommends process improvements or courses of action for problem resolution to respective team leader or manager, in order to help meet departmental and organizational initiatives and goals. (10%)
- Maintains strict adherence to and compliance with all internal and external policies, procedures, rules, regulations, patient confidentiality, and HIPAA privacy. Remains current on all regulations, policies, and procedures that are essential to completing assigned daily tasks. (15%)
- Cooperates with and maintains excellent working relationships with patients, fellow staff from PFS, WPAHS, and designated external agencies or vendors. Performs any written or verbal communication necessary to exchange information with designated contacts and promote working relationships. (15%)
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- 2 years of hospital patient accounting experience
- Experience operating PC and using software applications
- Strong customer service and patient satisfaction background
- Associate's Degree in Business, Accounting or Healthcare Administration
- 3 years healthcare experience with working knowledge of financial procedures, healthcare regulations, and/or billing requirements
- Experience with Invision and/or Meditech patient accounting systems
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement: This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org
California Consumer Privacy Act Employees, Contractors, and Applicants Notice