United Concordia Companies Inc
Job Description :
SUMMARY OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
This job is responsible for selling UCD dental insurance products in an assigned geographic area to medium and large sized groups. The incumbent is responsible for meeting/exceeding sales and profitability goals.
High school diploma or equivalent
Three (3) years of sales or account experience in insurance industry or employee benefits
Two (2) or more years of experience using MS Office personal computer based word processing, spreadsheet, and end user reporting software
Appropriate Department of Insurance licensure for the assigned region is required or ability to obtain within 45 days of hire
Ability to undertake regular travel throughout the assigned area
Valid driver’s license
Ability to lift up to 40 pounds
Due to Department of Defense (DOD) contract requirements, the incumbent who fills this position must be a US citizen, and must also pass a background check”
3 – 5 years of sales or account executive experience in dental insurance industry
Strong customer orientation/focus
Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
Strong written and oral communication skills
Strong negotiation, influencing and presentation skills
Strong problem solving skills
Strong organizational skills
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Sell UCD products to potential customers.
- Analyze and evaluate Request for Proposals (RFPs), coordinating completion and presenting as necessary.
- Work with potential customers to effectively explore alternatives and positions to reach mutually beneficial sales agreements.
- Engage in consultative selling by identifying points of negotiation, collaborating to resolve differences, and building support for preferred alternatives.
- Leverage opportunities for cross-selling of non-dental insurance products.
- Meet or Exceed sales and profitability goals.
2. Strengthen and enhance relationships with Brokers, Consultants, and other distribution channels.
- Provide ongoing education relative to products, networks, benefits, etc.
- Establish the sales strategy for assigned area in alignment with corporate strategies.
- Generate new ideas, creating competitive advantage and evaluating and selecting strategies
3. Coordinate information and activity with UCD personnel.
- Collaborate with Underwriting to address sales challenges and opportunities; developing sales solutions that appropriately consider available facts, constraints, competitive circumstances and probable consequences
- Gather market insight and competitive information for use by UCD sales support, marketing, and product development personnel
- Maintain electronic records through a Sales Force Automation or other Contact Relationship Management software.
4. Oversee account implementation.
- Seek and take appropriate actions on customer feedback; resolve difficult issues in a timely and professional manner; take responsibility for customer satisfaction and loyalty.
6. Document sales, expense and related activity as appropriate.
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement: This position adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org
California Consumer Privacy Act Employees, Contractors, and Applicants Notice