Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Participates in the development, planning, implementation, and operation of departmental projects and services; works with pharmacy director to establish short and long range departmental goals and objectives; assumes responsibility for day-to-day operations and assists with systems, regulatory requirements and performance improvement.
- Plans, organizes, implements, and controls the preparation, distribution, and data processing activities and operations in pharmacy. Responsible to ensure that operational processes and hospital's standards and objectives are being met. Recommends, develops and implements short and long-range plans to streamline and maintain operations. (20%)
- Develops operational guidelines and introduction and education of new products and procedures to the staff. (20%)
- Supervises the activities of pharmacy staff in conjunction with Pharmacy Practice Supervisor or Pharmacist. Clarifies work expectations, and promotes staff cooperation. (20%)
- Performs the duties of a Pharmacy Practice Supervisor or Pharmacist as needed. (10%)
- Assists with the development, implementation and administration of hospital and departmental policies and procedures. Assists with personnel activities including interviewing, staffing, corrective action, and performance appraisals. (10%)
- Participates in performance improvement and regulatory compliance efforts and maintains an attitude that promotes and fosters an environment of safety. Assists in the development and implementation of performance improvement initiatives and oversite of regulatory requirements. (10%)
- Assists the Director of Pharmacy with the preparation and monitoring of the annual labor and non-labor budgets. Assists in the development and implementation of plans to control costs, including as necessary assurance that all patient daily billing is completed accurately. Assists with 340B management as applicable. (10%)
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy or Doctor of Pharmacy degree (Pharm D) and 5 years experience as a staff pharmacist OR Master’s degree in Pharmacy, Business or Health Care Management and completion of ASHP residency training
- State licensure (eligible) as a Pharmacist.
- Master’s degree in Pharmacy, Business or Health Care Management.
- Pharmacy residency program.
- Previous supervisory experience.
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement: This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org
California Consumer Privacy Act Employees, Contractors, and Applicants Notice