Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Maintains the bed board and bed logs, assigns beds in accordance with unit concepts with supervision by the Patient Flow Coordinator, and communicates with resource nurses, managers, patient flow coordinators, transferring facilities, and other support staff.
- Utilizes the EPIC registration demographic to capture metrics necessary for all aspects necessary of bed control. Collaborates as a team-based leader to guide teammates with physician practices and extended care facilities and the patient transfer notification process. (60%)
- Effectively communicates with the health team to plan and implement all processes of patient care including admissions, transfers, and discharges. (25%)
- Utilizes Core Behaviors in daily responsibility for team-based growth as well as professional growth. (15%)
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- High school diploma or GED.
- 3-5 years’ experience in registration, billing, or related field.
- Computer experience and keyboard skills.
- Associate's Degree.
- Knowledge of medical terminology required. ICD-9/ICD-10 coding experience.
- PC database and word processing skills.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org
California Consumer Privacy Act Employees, Contractors, and Applicants Notice