Hm Life Insurance Company
Job Description :
This job is responsible for the overall administration and oversight of sales support activities for the sales office. The individual could perform one or more of the following types of tasks in support of the sales process: new and renewal processing, product implementation, re-enrollment activities, vendor interaction, group set-up or cancellation, running reports, preparing meeting materials, developing proposals and benefit grids, research, problem resolution, and other administrative and account relationship activities.
- Effective management of work flow: Ensuring efficient assignment and completion of work product deliverables, including educating external customers on simplified submission processes; identifying and implementing process improvements; prioritizing volume to ensure deadlines are met; preparing and/or reviewing proposals for accuracy and reasonableness before delivery; follow-up on open proposals and maintain timely status updates; analyze and coordinate implementation of sold cases to ensure accurate installation.
- Effectively perform account service activities: Attend meetings with sales personnel; investigate and resolve complex issues; provide timely and accurate responses to external customers.
- At a senior level, mentor sales support staff and promote effective team work by assisting with training; ensuring understanding of duties , systems, work flows, processes and procedures
- Accurately and timely process and set-up new or updated clients in the appropriate system(s).
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 3-5 years of relevant, progressive experience in the area of specialization. Exempted experience requirements effective August 2016.
- Understanding of self-funding and/or Stop Loss concepts
- Knowledge of medical insurance products and terminology
- Understanding of group insurance underwriting guidelines
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS
- Experience using Excel and Word
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Organizational skills
- Math skills
- Customer / account service experience in the group insurance or employee benefits industry within a professional office setting
Languages (Other than English)?
0% – 25%
PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS and WORKING CONDITIONS
Teaches / trains others regularly
Travel regularly from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site
Works primarily out-of-the office selling products/services (sales employees)
Physical work site required
Lifting: up to 10 pounds
Lifting: 10 to 25 pounds
Lifting: 25 to 50 pounds
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement: This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org
California Consumer Privacy Act Employees, Contractors, and Applicants Notice