Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Assists physicians and extenders in providing proper medical care for patients. May assist as receptionist if working in a physician practice setting.
- Rooms and interviews patients to obtain medical information and to measure their vital signs, weight, and height. Records information in the medical record. (40%)
- Helps physicians examine and treat patients, handing them instruments and materials or performing such tasks as giving injections. (25%)
- Prepares treatment rooms for patient examinations, keeping the room stocked and cleaned, reordering supplies, and disposing of biohazard supplies. (10%)
- Schedules procedures and obtains authorizations as necessary. (15%)
- May collect blood, tissue, or other laboratory specimens, log the specimens, and prepare them for testing; give injections. (5%)
- Utilizes EHR system to perform front-office duties. (5%).
- Graduate of an approved Medical Assistant program or Associate's degree.
- CPR certification.
- Current valid state driver’s license.
- 1- 3 years’ nursing or medical assistant experience.
- Medical Assistant certification.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy. Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org
California Consumer Privacy Act Employees, Contractors, and Applicants Notice