Job Description :
I. GENERAL OVERVIEW:
Provide visibility to executive leadership that operations work inventory and performance is managed across all operational tiers to achieve the highest performance at the lowest cost. Monitor inventory levels and processing capabilities and executes actions to ensure that the performance metrics reach the highest possible level. Ensure that staff is appropriately scheduled to exceed performance standards. Executes protocols and activities to plan around and recover from business interruptions.
II. ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Direct the internal support staff within the division directly supporting/enabling the operational tiers to meet or exceed established performance expectations.
2. Identify, define and solve problems that are related to supporting operational tiers within division and acts with unlimited problem solving latitude commensurate with level of authority/accountability.
3. Establish and monitor processing performance resolution of workflow issues, changing processes, procedures and/or unanticipated volume of transactions, errors and audits, and routinely requires decisive and immediate decision-making to address and resolve the issue.
4. Responsible for enforcing and guiding employee performance measurement, and recommending cross training and training programs, contribution to the vision of the future operational capabilities and enhancements and for reducing and eliminating administrative costs of these systems while improving efficiency.
5. Provide significant input and direction to the development and evolution of key operational system capabilities by investigating and recommending new processes and techniques for existing systems.
6. Other duties as assigned or requested.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 3 or more years of management or leadership experience
- 5 years experience with insurance products and industry practices
- 5 years experience presenting and communicating with large audiences
- 5 years experience utilizing various industry laws and regulations.
- Bachelors degree
- 5 years extensive insurance product experience
- 5 years experience in workforce development
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- High standard of professional conduct
- Excellent business writing skills
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- PC/Mainframe application skills
- Experience in team interactions and team facilitating
- Ability to quickly identify and provide recommendations on issues.
- Solid negotiation and influencing skills
- Excellent leadership skills
IV. SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Does this role supervise/manage other employees? Yes
If yes, indicate the number of direct reports:
V. WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Is Travel Required? Yes
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org
California Consumer Privacy Act Employees, Contractors, and Applicants Notice