Job Description :
Responsible for working with appropriate departments in the areas of compliance, process improvement and member/provider satisfaction for all product lines. Review, researches and responds to customer complaints relating to quality of medical care and service. Recommends and/or implements process improvements related to the potential of quality medical care and service. Serves as a resource regarding accreditation standards including NCQA standards and continuous quality improvement principles. May coordinate accreditation activities on behalf of the organization. Perform special studies per audits, conducting office site visits and medical records reviews, ensuring resolution of member/provider complaints in timely manner. Coordinating credentialing and re-credentialing activities to include QM information, and support preparations for regulatory audits.
1. Develops, manages process improvement initiatives from member/providers to include detailed data analysis, process analysis, report generation and documentation.
2. Conduct, collect and analyze data from office site and/or medical record reviews to continually improve the care and service to members and coordination with the credentialing and quality improvement programs to achieve and maintain accreditation.
3. Monitor changes, corrections and clarifications in applicable regulatory/accrediting body requirements and make adjustments to the compliance plan.
4. Conduct annual audits, identify gaps, communicate results and re-audit
5. Other duties as assigned or requested.
Education, Licenses/Certifications, and Experience
- Current state RN license or a Bachelor’s degree in a Healthcare-related field.
- 3-5 years of relevant, progressive experience in the area of specialization. Grandfathered experience requirements effective August 2016.
Additional relevant knowledge and/or skills and/or work experience:
- An understanding of Total Quality Management (TQM) concepts, techniques, process and outcome measurements ( 1-2 years)
- An understanding of statistics is also preferred in order to analyze various reports and validate study methodologies (1-2 years)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent verbal communication skills and professional manner, excellent written communication skills and a familiarity with a variety of writing styles. Must be able to communicate with medical administrators, including Medical Directors and Physician Advisors related to problem identification, action plan implementation, ongoing monitoring and problem resolution. (1-2 years)
- Demonstrated computer literacy and knowledge of information systems and comparative data bases. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, etc.) (1-3 years)
- Well-developed, analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to understand and interpret clinical data.
- Prior project management experience preferred (1-3 years)
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Does this role supervise/manage other employees?
Is Travel Required?
Referral Level Payout
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org
California Consumer Privacy Act Employees, Contractors, and Applicants Notice