Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
This job is responsible for and provides leadership, guidance and oversight for all aspects of AHN Prehospital Care Services. Explores and assures progressive, innovative and safe approaches are in place for the delivery of patient care and provider safety in the prehospital setting.
- Perform management responsibilities to include, but are not limited to: involved in hiring and termination decisions, coaching and development, rewards and recognition, performance management and staff productivity. Plan, organize, staff, direct and control the day-to-day operations of the department; develop and implement policies and programs as necessary; may have budgetary responsibility and authority.
- Responsible for overall administration of Prehospital Care Services including: Prehospital Care Operations (LifeFlight, Critical Care Ground Transport, Discharge Transport, Medical Command Centers and EMS staffing Program); Prehospital Transport Operations (Canonsburg Ambulance, AHN Transport, Paramedic Response Units and Special Operations); and, Prehospital Care Services (Mobile Integrated Health, EMS Training and Education, Prehospital Care Coordinators and Prehospital Business Development).
- Routinely collaborates with the AHN EMM physician group and works in concert with the system EMS Medical Director in developing, revising, and instituting new programs, procedures, and methods.
- Serves as the Network community liaison with all public safety entities including: EMS, Police, Fire, and 911 Centers. Also represents AHN to the Bureau of EMS and the regional EMS councils throughout Pennsylvania.
- Develops strong relationships within the Enterprise including senior executive leadership at both Highmark and AHN including hospital CEO’s and their executive teams.
- Serves as the primary “bridge” for all things EMS between Highmark and AHN
- Key contacts include physicians, administration, department heads, and other supervisory staff, as well as, other healthcare organizations, regulatory agencies, etc.
- Works collaboratively with Enterprise and Network leadership to develop and align strategic priorities within Prehospital Care Services.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in EMS, Health related field, or Public Safety
- Master's Degree in EMS, Health related field, or Public Safety
- 7 years with EMS management and budgeting
- 7 years in leadership positions in EMS or healthcare
- 7 years in EMS leadership positions in local, regional, state and national organizations, councils, committees, boards, etc.
- 5 years with Critical Care transport, Air Ambulance OR Prehospital RN Management
LICENSES or CERTIFICATIONS
- PA DOH Paramedic certification
- Strong understanding of emergency medical systems
- Excellent interpersonal and public speaking skills
- Knowledge of third party payors for EMS
- Knowledge in labor relations and contract negotiations
- Strategy development and execution
- Ability to prioritize work, consistently assess situations, consider alternatives, and choose the most appropriate course of action.
- Must be recognized and respected in the EMS community at the local, regional, state, and national levels with strong relationships at all levels
Language (Other than English):
0% – 25%
PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS and WORKING CONDITIONS
Teaches / trains others regularly
Travel regularly from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site
Works primarily out-of-the office selling products/services (sales employees)
Physical work site required
Lifting: up to 10 pounds
Lifting: 10 to 25 pounds
Lifting: 25 to 50 pounds
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement: This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org
California Consumer Privacy Act Employees, Contractors, and Applicants Notice