Hm Health Solutions Inc.
Job Description :
I. GENERAL OVERVIEW:
Writes, formats, and maintains Administrative Policy and Procedure (instruction) manuals, how-to guides, quick reference guides, help files, and FAQs. This type of work requires professional level knowledge of the relevant existing system processes and procedures, a methodical nature, clear and detailed writing, and consultation with various Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), through e-mail, meetings, or teleconferences. Must acquire a detailed knowledge and understanding of new processes and procedures as they are proposed and developed for application to end users. This requires working with analysts and developers of processes and systems and the end users of processes and systems. The purposes of this position are: 1) to teach someone how to use a specific product or service; and 2) to describe the policies/procedures that are implemented by Highmark and applied to specific area.
II. ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Writes, formats and maintains manuals that describe specific policies and procedures applied to the end
Policies and procedures are 75% moderately complex – existing policy and procedure updates; 25% extremely complex – new policy and procedure development. At Sr Level: Policies and procedures are 25% moderately complex – existing policy and procedure updates; 75% extremely complex – new policy and procedure development.
2. Produces content for online step-by-step tutorials/training modules with illustrative graphics and images to aid the reader, using software tools that include but are not limited to; PowerPoint and PointCaste.
3. Produces content for web-based training and other forms of training materials that support new program initiatives during their implementation phase and when changes are made to current programs and initiatives.
4. Researches inquiries and makes provider policy interpretations and/or recommendations to management.
5. Writes, formats, and maintains how-to guides, quick reference guides, help files, and FAQs.
6. Other duties as assigned or requested.
• B.A. in Technical Writing or related communications field.
• Experience in a healthcare environment with specific emphasis on insurance and managed care programs, including experience in writing about such programs.
• Knowledge of PC tools such as MS Office Suite and Adobe/Macromedia Suite
• 5 or more years of related, progressive experience in technical writing. B.A. in Technical Writing or related communications field.
• 4 years experience in a healthcare environment with specific emphasis on insurance and managed care programs, including at least 2 years in writing about such programs.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Independently conduct the research necessary to quickly understand complex concepts, such as emerging technologies, product configuration, credentialing, regulatory mandates and new care management initiatives.
Certification in Information Mapping or structured writing, Information Mapping or Project Management preferred
Knowledge of project management tools and other applications
Demonstrated writing, editing and structured writing methodology skills
Ability to adapt to a dynamic work environment, learns quickly, solves problems and makes decisions with minimal supervision
Ability to prioritize and work under time constraints and meet project deadlines
Excellent communication skills, curiosity and attention to detail are highly desired
Project management experience a plus
IV. SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Does this role supervise/manage other employees?
V. WORK ENVIRONMENT
Is Travel Required?
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy. Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Referral Level Payout 2
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org
California Consumer Privacy Act Employees, Contractors, and Applicants Notice