Job Description :
This job works closely with clinical and business leaders to drive reporting and analytics for social determinants of health programming. Uses subject matter expertise and data/analytics to support identifying opportunities for clinical and community initiatives and has experience using large datasets to perform descriptive and statistical analysis. Identifies information required to make effective business decisions; translates requirements into applications that employ appropriate decision support and reporting tools. Generates reports to support a continuous improvement process by monitoring clinical outcomes and process indicators for clients across multiple programs and lines of business. Possesses a working knowledge that includes but is not limited to healthcare quality metrics, social determinants of health, and population health, including population segmentation and risk stratification.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develop and foster internal relationships across the corporation.
- Provide analytic and consultative support to a broad spectrum of internal customer areas and external business partners.
- Mentor colleagues with less experience on both the technical and business aspects of project and consultative work.
- Determine how decision support systems will provide information required to make effective business decisions, translates requirements into applications that employ appropriate decision support and reporting tools.
- Use broad experience and technical knowledge to propose solutions to complex business problems.
- Take the lead in driving the implementation of the recommended solutions.
- Take the lead in defining issues and ideas to be studied as well as the approach (methodological and technical) to be used in addressing studies and projects. Creates and/or develop new methods of analysis, database design and performance measurement or, in some cases, adaptation of existing solutions to new areas.
- Perform modeling of data sources and flows, work with data management staff to define an operational framework that will define, develop and implement policies and security frameworks to ensure precise and secure deliver of knowledge and information.
- Provide assistance and, depending on skill and experience, lead with interpretation of raw data, statistical results or otherwise compiled information, identify follow-up action items and prepare or assist in the preparation of written reports and/or oral presentation of findings to internal and external audiences, customer managers, clinical staff, compliance agencies, group accounts, providers, agent plans, and brokers.
- Develop and maintain moderate- to extremely-complex computer programs using 4GL programming languages (such as SAS, R, SQL) and other database technology (DB2, Teradata, and Oracle).
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer/Information Science, Mathematics/Statistics, Economics, or related field
- 3 years of relevant, progressive experience in Industrial Engineering or Operations Research, or related field (exempted experience requirements effective August 2016)
- Master's degree in Computer/Information Science, Mathematics/Statistics, Economics, Industrial Engineering or Operations Research, or related field
- Master’s degree in quantitative science, epidemiology, demography, biostatistics, health informatics, or medical sciences
- Experience and demonstrated proficiency as a Decision Support Analyst or equivalent training and experience in a business or clinical environment with direct responsibility for applying technology
- Experience and demonstrated expertise in data extraction and analytic programming languages/tools (e.g., SAS, SQL, R, Python, Alteryx) and expertise in creating customer-facing reports and self-service data visualization tools (e.g., Tableau, PowerBI, Shiny, ArcGIS)
- Experience manipulating and analyzing big data (using SQL, Spark, Hadoop, etc.)
- Previous applied experience on projects related to SDOH
- Understanding of research design methodologies
- Predictive modeling skills (e.g., linear and logistic regression, decision trees)
- Geographical spatial data analysis
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong technical skills in the mainframe, PC and Internet-based technologies to be effective and must be comfortable and proficient using large and complex databases.
- Strong skills using various third-party office and report generation products such as Microsoft Office, Business Objects, Cognos, and Enterprise Guide.
- Strong communication skills. Must be comfortable presenting findings and offering recommendations to senior management.
Referral Bonus: Level 1
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org
California Consumer Privacy Act Employees, Contractors, and Applicants Notice