Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
This job contributes to the success of Allegheny Health Network's (AHN) institutes through providing financial support to the leadership of the institute to achieve the financial and operational objectives of the organization. This job is responsible for ensuring there is a comprehensive understanding of the institute's performance across the hospital's, physician organization, and outpatient locations. This individual collaborates with other finance and operational leaders including the hospital Chief Finance Officer's, finance shared services, and other resources to ensure shared success.
- Review of monthly performance including the monthly Profit & Loss Statement by Institute and Program-identifying opportunities, participate in monthly operating reviews. (20%)
- Communicate and collaborate with key stakeholders. Coordinate performance with the respective Institute to ensure alignment between system resources, the hospitals, physician organization and Institutes. (20%)
- Support the development of an institute growth plan and medical staff plan. Facilitate business planning and analysis including new business opportunities, capital request, market share analytics and strategic planning. (20%)
- Economic modeling of physician contract terms and proposals including compensation plans. (15%)
- Review revenue cycle metrics and develop respective action plans for improvement with Institutes, including but not limited to; driving improvements in slot utilization, productivity and other operational efficiencies. (5%)
- Identify improvement opportunities for operating expenses including but not limited to, labor, supply and drug utilization, and real estate. (5%)
- Participate in evaluation and measurement of value based programs in coordination with Clinical Integrated Network and Managed Care Contracting. (5%)
- Provide education and training to managers within the respective institute regarding financial processes and improvement opportunities. (5%)
- Provide high level support and follow up for questions and ad-hoc analyses within the institute. (5%)
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance or business related field OR 6 years of related and progressive experience in lieu of Bachelor's degree
- 7 years with Finance or Related Experience
- 1 year in a supervisory and/or project management role
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Advanced Excel
- Master's Degree in Finance or business related field
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) OR Certified Management Accountant (CMA) OR Healthcare Financial Management Association (HFMA)
- Understanding of key healthcare regulatory and compliance requirements
- Benchmarking processes and sources of information.
- Physician contracting processes, techniques and requirements.
- Management and Financial Accounting concepts related to healthcare: gross revenue, net revenue, accrual accounting, FTE & productivity; income statement, cashflow, balance-sheet, performance reporting and professional practice revenue cycle methods. Need to be able to learn PEARs & ARTS (AS&T).
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org
California Consumer Privacy Act Employees, Contractors, and Applicants Notice