Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Reviews, analyzes and maintains established staffing levels for all clinical areas in acute care nursing. Cross trained to provide relief and or support to the Patient Placement Office including appropriate bed placement and monitoring of the Patient Management System for all bed requests, transfer requests, status changes and discharges.
- Refers to established unit staffing patterns to determine minimum staffing requirements for each unit based to 24 hour coverage and reviews with Manager, Clinical Supervisor or charge nurse and/or Hospital Operations Administrator.
- Accurately documents, reviews and communicates all schedule and assignment changes. Ensures adequate staff replacement, meeting unit needs by contacting necessary nursing personnel, Mangers, Clinical Supervisors and or Hospital Operations Administrator. Daily sheets are completed from the master schedules and are reviewed for accuracy for the next 24 hours.
- Interacts with Hospital Operations Administrator to provide input on census and staff levels and to ensure appropriate bed placement is being determined.
- Completes “Record of Call-off for Absence / Tardiness” for attendance issues and communicates to the appropriate unit / charge nurse/ manager. Completes daily sheets from the master schedules and reviews for accuracy.
- Performs the necessary on-line Invision, OSA Gold, Tele Tracking functions for any admission, discharge, transfer, readmission to a specialty unit, hospice coverage, insurance updates, new accounts, change of physicians and observation status to admission status.
- Receives and relays information to/from clinical areas so that appropriate bed placement is accomplished.
- Tracks rental equipment use as per order dates to discontinued dates. Coordinates log, charges, and processes invoices for leased rental equipment.
- High school diploma/GED
- Prior job related work experience of at least 1 to 2 years required.
- Medical terminology required.
- Word – minimum test score of 80%
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org
California Consumer Privacy Act Employees, Contractors, and Applicants Notice