Highmark West Virginia Inc.
Job Description :
This job provides assistance, as required by the underwriting unit, to support renewal and new business activities. Gathers and organizes information and reports (e.g., loss runs, risk assessments, and loss ratings) that support the underwriting decision. May assist the Underwriter with the computation of rates and premiums. May review incoming insurance applications for accuracy and completeness.
- Support the Underwriting processes by facilitating workload development, gathering pertinent information, and coordinating renewal distribution.
- Coordinate cross-departmental functions to ensure compliant, accurate rates are calculated, sold and reported.
- Provide computerized data retrieval to meet the reporting/informational needs of the department.
- Analyze report information to ensure integrity and manipulate data to meet business needs.
- Administer departmental file maintenance.
- Maintain a communication flow for all correspondence.
- Monitors the Segment Management process and alerts Management of delays within the cycle timeline.
- Support reporting of corporate financial projections.
- Recognize process barriers and recommends alternative solutions.
- Administer daily calendars, coordinate meetings including conference rooms and audio visual requirements.
- Make travel and lodging arrangements.
- Support integrity of tools through basic system information analysis to facilitate problem solving.
- Exercise professional judgment in all forms of communication.
- Interact with internal and external entities on behalf of Management.
- Address routine inquiries based on overall knowledge of policies and procedures carried out within the department.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Knowledge of personal computer software, such as Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.
- Administrative experience
- Strong communication and organization skills
- Excellent typing, word processing and proofreading skills as well as demonstrated proficiency in various software applications
- Ability to work independently and assume responsibility for routine projects
- In-depth knowledge of business procedures within an office environment
- Demonstrates an understanding and support of corporate and departmental goals and initiatives
- Demonstrates ethical business practices with adherence to all privacy and confidentiality policies and regulations
- Possess tact and integrity in the discreet handling of confidential information
Referral Bonus: Level 1
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org
California Consumer Privacy Act Employees, Contractors, and Applicants Notice