United Concordia Companies Inc
Job Description :
SUMMARY OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
This job is responsible for selling UCD dental insurance products in an assigned geographic area to medium and large sized groups. The incumbent is responsible for meeting/exceeding sales and profitability goals.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Three (3) years of sales or account experience in insurance industry or employee benefits
- Two (2) or more years of experience using MS Office personal computer based word processing, spreadsheet, and end user reporting software
- Appropriate Department of Insurance licensure for the assigned region is required or ability to obtain within 45 days of hire
- Ability to undertake regular travel throughout the assigned area
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds
- Bachelors degree
- 3 – 5 years of sales or account executive experience in dental insurance industry
- Strong customer orientation/focus
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong negotiation, influencing and presentation skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong organizational skills
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Sell UCD products to potential customers.
- Analyze and evaluate Request for Proposals (RFPs), coordinating completion and presenting as necessary.
- Work with potential customers to effectively explore alternatives and positions to reach mutually beneficial sales agreements.
- Engage in consultative selling by identifying points of negotiation, collaborating to resolve differences, and building support for preferred alternatives.
- Leverage opportunities for cross-selling of non-dental insurance products.
- Meet or Exceed sales and profitability goals.
2. Strengthen and enhance relationships with Brokers, Consultants, and other distribution channels.
- Provide ongoing education relative to products, networks, benefits, etc.
- Establish the sales strategy for assigned area in alignment with corporate strategies.
- Generate new ideas, creating competitive advantage and evaluating and selecting strategies
3. Coordinate information and activity with UCD personnel.
- Collaborate with Underwriting to address sales challenges and opportunities; developing sales solutions that appropriately consider available facts, constraints, competitive circumstances and probable consequences
- Gather market insight and competitive information for use by UCD sales support, marketing, and product development personnel
- Maintain electronic records through a Sales Force Automation or other Contact Relationship Management software.
4. Oversee account implementation.
- Seek and take appropriate actions on customer feedback; resolve difficult issues in a timely and professional manner; take responsibility for customer satisfaction and loyalty.
6. Document sales, expense and related activity as appropriate.
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement: This position adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy. Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org
California Consumer Privacy Act Employees, Contractors, and Applicants Notice