Gateway Health Llc
Job Description :
I. GENERAL OVERVIEW:
The position is responsible for overseeing the activities of the communications solutions studios (creative design, business design, multi-media, corporate web) and CS business partners unit. The position provides leadership, visions and strategic thinking to the studio teams in the design, development and implementation of strategic communication materials and initiatives that aim to strengthen the reputation of the enterprise and advance the brand strategy of the business units.
The position collaborates with all levels of management across all business units to understand the business strategy, key objectives and communication needs. A key focus of the director is to ensure that the team consistently builds and maintains trusted relationships with key client contacts and institutes processes that align objectives to measurable plans that enable accomplishment of enterprise or business unit strategic imperatives.
The director oversees the maintenance and upkeep of core business solutions and process while acting as a “change agent” to steer the department to new and innovative best practices and standard operating procedures.
II. ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Strong business knowledge. Effectively partners with the business to understand the strategy, objectives and communications services needs. Ability to translate strategy into actionable priorities for Studio heads. Ensures staff is focused on understanding the business first and foremost.
2. Delivers top-rate customer service. Determines quality standards for performance and customer service excellence and provides accountability for those standards. Manages and nurtures client relationships. Presents as a self-sufficient analytical leader with impeccable customer service skills and a positive communication style.
3. Business-focused operating model. Defines the business /operating model of the department with business need at the core. Works with businesses leadership to establish strong lines of communications to understand the business needs and ensure development of desired capabilities. Analyzes customer data and feedback to better target key customers and their needs. Possesses demonstrated ability to develop relationships and influence.
4. Delivers operational efficiencies and high quality work product. Establishes departmental processes and procedures, evaluating the overall flow and quality of work, assuring all products of the department meet quality standards and customer objectives. Revises and improves process as necessary to streamline workflow and adapt to a constantly evolving corporate communications environment and organizational structure.
5. Mentors and collaborates. Mentors staff and creates an environment of collaboration. Recommends and coordinates training to help them perform at their peak and grow in their careers. Fosters a culture and environment that is conducive to creativity. Knows how to motivate teams creating high morale within the department, and hold all groups accountable for maximum productivity and superior efficiency.
6. Champions compliance. Ensures compliance to required business procedures (Biennial BCBSA brand audit, Web audit)
7. Other duties as assigned or requested.
Education, Licenses/Certifications, and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 8-10 years of business experience
• Five (5) – Seven (7) years of significant exposure to and understanding of Internet or other systems-related aspects of a business.
• Five (5) – Seven (7) years management/project management experience with large scale, cross functional projects.
• Master’s degree in public policy, business, fine arts or other related field.
• 15+ years of professional experience
• 5 years of experience using and applying knowledge of health insurance industry and health insurance industry terminology, working with exempt and management professionals in a corporate or agency environment.
• Successful track record in leading creative -oriented teams
• Superior technology skills
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Demonstrated excellence in verbal and written communication
• A strong grasp on leadership success, motivating people, and talent development
• An understanding of succession/individual development planning
• Ability to excel in a deadline oriented, dynamic and fluid environment that values creativity, ownership and collaborative teamwork
• Demonstrated strong work ethic, level of trust and dedication to delivering quality work that consistently exceeds expectations
• Outstanding organizational and analytical skills
• Demonstrated experience in the ability to respond quickly and decisively to issues as they arise
• Able to work in a dynamic team environment and collaborate effectively with business partners and IT.
• A natural ability to build an informal network of talent that support both the day-to-day business needs and also act as a “change agent” when implementing new process or best practices
IV. SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Does this role supervise/manage other employees? Yes
Is Travel Required? Yes
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org
California Consumer Privacy Act Employees, Contractors, and Applicants Notice