United Concordia Companies Inc
Job Description :
*The candidate will be required to come into the office at least once a week*
This position has duties of instructing, directing, and checking the work of Business Analysts. These duties include, but are not limited to, delegation of assignments; guidance and training; coaching/mentoring; identifying, monitoring and documenting employee performance; conducting the interview/hiring process; and generally facilitating the attainment of department goals. The position formulates and defines systems scope and objectives and considers the business implications to the current and future business environment. To that end, the position provides project oversight, direction and instruction to a team of other staff regarding solutions to meet business need, as well as, anticipate impact and propose solutions. This incumbent is expected to inspire, encourage, motivate and lead employees through coaching, to reach their fullest potential and to achieve the established goals.
1. Provide daily supervision to staff, including planning, conducting and supervising assignments. Reviews both project and staff progress and evaluates results. Meets with staff regarding project related issues.
2. Provides coach/mentoring to staff on project activities – e.g. timeliness, understanding, etc. Documents and provides on-going employee feedback for improvement and identifies monitors and documents employee performance. Identifies any potential issues.
3. Review and recommend personnel needs and appraise performance of employees through daily feedback and preparation of performance reviews. Presents completed reviews to employees and recommends appropriate salary action.
4. Conduct or participate in the interview process for permanent hires or contract.
5. Plan and assign project personnel, provide project oversight and ensure work accuracy on complex operational business processes. These projects may be of a complex nature and require multiple resources without having a direct reporting relationship. Provide project lead instruction and direction to other staff regarding technical solutions to meet business issues, as well as, anticipate impact and propose solutions. May perform analysis and design changes for process issues crossing functional areas to ensure accurate and timely project completion.
6. Coaches, manages and develops employees. Establishes clear goals, expectations and strategies for employee performance. Provides direction and guidance to subordinates, supplies regular performance feedback both positive and constructive to subordinates, utilizes effective motivational skills, inspires respect and trust of others, and exhibits confidence in self and others. Creates a learning environment for employees through effective delegation of workload, by empowering employees to make decisions, providing staff with new opportunities, challenges and training to develop skills to improve work processes and to prepare them for future opportunities.
The incumbent, on a daily basis, must exercise discretion in the supervision of business analysts, development of processes and procedures to improve the delivery of service, make operational changes, provide strategic guidance and implement or recommend workable solutions for developments that may cause negative impacts to Operations. Regular latitude exists for contribution of significant input for important decisions.
7.Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Six to eight years of relevant business experience
- Five years project management experience
- US Citizenship required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple-resource project activity and motivate individuals to respond to project needs without having direct reporting relationships.
- Demonstrated in-depth skill in the use of specific business systems to support the business area. Examples of these systems include report writers and query tools such as – Radar, Impromptu, etc.; and software such as – Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Lotus Notes.
- Demonstrated business knowledge required to evaluate corporate-wide implications of changes to products and programs to assess impact for all LOBs.
- Knowledge and ability to interpret or develop processes to support legislation on new products.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work through others to accomplish objectives/responsibilities such as – facilitator/meeting management skills, agenda development, set objectives, balance input, etc. These skills are applied in new or unique ways, or applied to increasing complex environments.
- Demonstrated and highly proficient written communication skills and inter/intra personal skills with an emphasis on project management.
- Demonstrated and highly proficient verbal communication skills to articulate ideas clearly to various audiences.
- Demonstrated expert Knowledge of assigned customer area and related customer area.
- Demonstrated expert knowledge of ‘systems functionality’ in assigned area.
- Demonstrated expert knowledge in physical data models, technical architecture of company applications and enterprise-wide application interfaces.
IV. SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Does this role supervise/manage other employees? Yes – A section of business analysts
If yes, indicate the number of direct reports:
V. WORK ENVIRONMENT
Is Travel Required?
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy. Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org
California Consumer Privacy Act Employees, Contractors, and Applicants Notice