Gateway Health Llc
Job Description :
This job supports the Organization through understanding the cost structure and underlying business drivers for critical corporate services, assessing opportunities to more effectively manage costs, and by providing complex financial modeling for new initiatives. The incumbent will provide advisory services to the VPs and SVPs of the corporate services on impacts of business initiatives, financial performance vs. plan and emerging opportunities or risks that will affect their ability to meet financial and business goals. The incumbent will lead a team of strong individual contributors who coordinate and facilitate cost management projects, provide budget development support activities and conduct on-going analysis of performance vs. plan. The incumbent and the team will provide on-going visibility to senior leadership as to financial performance and advise on means to course correct where needed.
- Perform management responsibilities to include, but are not limited to: involved in hiring and termination decisions, coaching and development, rewards and recognition, performance management and staff productivity.
- Plan, organize, staff, direct, and control the day-to-day operations of the department; develops and implements policies and programs as necessary; may have budgetary responsibility and authority.
- Communicate effectively. This job displays effective communication skills while performing the following functions: interaction with a wide array of internal and external customers, including Directors and Vice Presidents on a regular basis; interacts regularly with numerous areas of the Company, including the Corp Services Business Leaders (clients), finance, cost management and allocations, membership and information technology departments. Significant interaction will occur with leadership and VPs’s of the Corporate Services functions; Discusses results of financial analysis, corporate initiatives, and financial modeling findings with Business Unit Leaders, the VP, Enterprise Finance Strategy, and where necessary the CFO.
- Direct and coordinate the annual budget and monitoring process. Provide guidance and counsel to business leaders on where opportunities exist to manage costs and establish budgets that are aligned to current business environment.
- Monitor client financial performance through detailed analysis of actual spending versus approved budgets. Provide management with clear analytics of financial and staff impact and develop and present alternative courses of action to ensure goals are achieved.
- Lead or participate in process improvement initiatives for business functions to deliver improved financial or business outcomes. Provide project management for financial initiatives – including project planning, development of financial goals/ KPIs, project status documentation, issue tracking and resolution and post project outcome monitoring and reporting.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Master's Degree in Business Administration (MBA)
- 5 years of experiencing performing financial analysis, developing budget techniques and creating budget reports
- 3 years of management
- 3 years of direct client advisory roles (internal or external)
- 3 years of experience presenting financial results to executive audiences
- 3 years of experience in project oriented roles and managing indirect resources
- Advanced business/financial knowledge of payor or provider
- 5 years of experience influencing without authority and driving processes forward
- 5 years of management
LICENSES or CERTIFICATIONS
- Strong leadership, coaching and team development capabilities; Ability to lead and inspire others, building consensus and team cohesion
- Ability to think strategically and transform strategy into action to implement/execute plans
- Strong business acumen and ability to work with leaders on business strategy and financial cost management; Credibility as a trusted advisor and confidant to senior leadership
- Highly effective communicator with the ability to clearly and concisely articulate ideas, concepts and proposals at all levels of the organizations
- Capability of quantitative analysis with a proven ability to work with financial data; Ability to creatively apply finance, accounting and business planning knowledge to a variety of situations
- Model motivator, initiator and a true advocate for change
- Skilled in project planning and be able to work within tight time frames, utilizing both internal and external resources as well as benchmarking with best in class organizations
- Adept at navigating a large organization undergoing cultural and operational transformation
Languages (Other than English)
0% – 25%
PHYSICAL, MENTAL AND WORKING CONDITIONS
Teaches/Trains others regularly
Travels regularly from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site
Works primarily out-of-the office selling products/services (Sales employees)
Does Not Apply
Physical Work Site Required
Lifting: up to 10 pounds
Lifting: 10 to 25 pounds
Does Not Apply
Lifting: 25 to 50 pounds
Does Not Apply
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement: This position adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org
California Consumer Privacy Act Employees, Contractors, and Applicants Notice